Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Alhambra Big Box in hand, one game in and I'm noticing that these tiles are printed pretty far off from center. The right wall on many is practically nonexistent.

We still made it through a game, so its not crippling, but ... huh, not sure what I think of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has the same issues and my wife noticed it very quickly. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all but it is unfortunate that the centering wasn't as well done as my original base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Well that's good to know, but very unfortunate. Was yours bad enough to complain about to RGG? I can't seem to decide if mine is or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really sure if it's bad enough to make a complaint or not either. I mean, it's poor but not horrible. And it doesn't affect the playability to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my tiles were printed and cut correctly.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Alhambra Big Box in hand, one game in and I'm noticing that these tiles are printed pretty far off from center. The right wall on many is practically nonexistent.

We still made it through a game, so its not crippling, but ... huh, not sure what I think of that.

Hi Eddie [apotheos],
that should not be a problem. Sometimes it could happen that some parts of the game exceeding our tight production tolerances.
So, send my colleague Susanne an Email to info@queen-games.de and ask her nicely for replacement parts.
Mention the exact parts and the game title.
(If you have a chance to add a small pic shot by a digicam to your email, it would be very helpful and much appreciated. We like to use these informiations to improve the produciton quality.)
Do not forget to add your delivery adress.
And give her a little time, germany isn't round the corner
That's all.
Hope that helps and all the best from Germany
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for posting that info, Bernd. I mentioned it to my wife and she wanted to go through our tiles right away. You've made her very happy. (There was some real disappointment since the copy of our stand-alone base game had perfect tiles, but I just love having the names on the tiles). We've taken pictures and will email Susanne toworrow.

It was about half of the base game's tiles that were really affected so I suspect it was particular sheets that had the flaw. Having some walls really thick while others very thin could (and on numerous occasions nearly did) result in a bad move just because you missed seeing the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It seems to me that all the cardboard is misaligned in my copy, its just on some pieces it is much more noticeable than others.

In lieu of a scanner, here is a terrible picture. From left to right these are bits from all the expansions.

I will email Suzanne as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Fortunately, my copy only appears to be one sheet - the one that contains the majority of the expansion tiles. It appears the back of the tiles were perfectely cut so the front leaf must have been what shifted.

I did notice even on the sheets that were aligned properly that there was a little creeping to one side. It may be the images were just slightly larger than the cuts.

Oh well, I emailed Queen and copied RGG. Hopefully they can replace that one sheet. It's a shame that a game that costs this much had to have these mnor production issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every sheet on mine has the back mis-aligned approx. 5-6mm. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine in Essen (2010) and had a very bad misprint version - to my very surprise as the problem is known since more than a year now !

I only unwrapped the game at the beginning of December, and sent an e-mail to info@queen-games.de on 12/12/2010 with the picture below attached to my mail.

Until know, I haven't received any answer from Queen Games. I wonder if they still offer customer support ? As it is, the game is unplayable (some walls show as a very thin line on the tiles - I marked these with red arrows).angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an e-mail from Queen Games today, the replacement tiles are ready to be sent. cool

So i confirm that their customer support is still active (and friendly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.