London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, who is the battle between? I was thinking of a fantasy civilization opposed to a steampunk civilization. It would be good to get some good historical events which could swing either way, so I'm looking for as many alternate history cliches as possible. Any suggestions?

- alien lizards invade, c. 1940
- analytical engine completed by Charles Babbage, 1872

... there appears to be a great source here, which I'll have to go through in detail later...

http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_History:Historical_list_of_alternate_histories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 1990s, after Doctor Who had been canceled, several videos were released by BBV called "The Stranger" series starring Colin Baker. In this series of six movies, two time agencies were at war trying to lock down time lines advantageous to each group. The groups were:

The Protectors: These guys protect the time line so that history takes its natural course.

The Perceptors: These guys perceive that there are many problems with the time line as it currently exists. They want to fix time so that it all turns out for the best.

These are the warring time agencies we play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stranger sounds like fun. Looks like they managed to squeeze three doctors into one of them (Colin Baker, Jon Pertwee, Sylvester McCoy)! If they ever release them on DVD, I'll have to grab them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how would the version come to accept new worlds? I know that including another world wouldn't change the gameplay, just give the player a choice other than steampunk or fantasy, so it's probably pointless...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not pointless at all. If anyone wants to upload alternate artwork, or timelines, then please feel free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.