Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

quick question from total newbie here.

Does control of bases reverts to original owner if occupying units leave? (there're no control markers...). And, if this is the case, are air units enough to maintain control?

alessio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
As far as I remember: no, the control stays with the last occupant and yes, the air unit is sufficent to control (and a very useful one by the way, watch out the holes in your air defense line).

Carlo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grazie!

Funny there're no control markers then, considering Japs are quite tight on land units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlo is quite right. Bases must be invaded to be retaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx guys!

Just spotted the home-made control markers among the pics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Puissant
France
Breal sous Montfort
flag msg tools
KillerB wrote:
Bases must be invaded to be retaken.

My understanding is the following about the Paramushiro base (3 hex away from other japanese base) : when captured by american player, Japan can never take Paramushiro back ! (as an amphibious landing needs to be maximum 2 hex away from any friendly base).
Am I right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does control of enemy vacated and friendly occupied bases change?
I believe this original thread asked about bases left vacant with no units of either side, so this is a NEW question as a follow up:

QUESTION: When does control of enemy vacated and friendly occupied base change?

EXAMPLE: US invades Japan controlled Marshalls occuped by the full strength Japan 43rd Division. During combat, the 43rd is reduced to 1 step. During Second Deployment of Japan's next turn, the 43rd is sea deployed to Marianas leaving only US marines in Marshalls. When does US take control of Marshalls?

My reading of the rules is that during the 12.3.5 Administrative Step of US's next turn an Occupied Base marker would be put on the base ("If a land unit is in an enemy-controlled (or neutral) base without enemy land units, place an OCCUPIED BASE marker in the hex"). Then during Return to Base 14.2 Base Control Changes US would control the base. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Tom Good"]I believe this original thread asked about bases left vacant with no units of either side, so this is a NEW question as a follow up:

QUESTION: When does control of enemy vacated and friendly occupied base change?

EXAMPLE: US invades Japan controlled Marshalls occuped by the full strength Japan 43rd Division. During combat, the 43rd is reduced to 1 step. During Second Deployment of Japan's next turn, the 43rd is sea deployed to Marianas leaving only US marines in Marshalls. When does US take control of Marshalls?

My reading of the rules is that during the 12.3.5 Administrative Step of US's next turn an Occupied Base marker would be put on the base ("If a land unit is in an enemy-controlled (or neutral) base without enemy land units, place an OCCUPIED BASE marker in the hex"). Then during Return to Base 14.2 Base Control Changes US would control the base. Is this correct?

The rules don't explicitly state this, but I wonder if sea deployment can occur out of a contested base? Other than that, I agree with your reading of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, I had a similar question.

8.2 seems to allow deployment from contested areas, as long as the base is friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Good wrote:
Chris, I had a similar question.

8.2 seems to allow deployment from contested areas, as long as the base is friendly.

Yes, that's true. The game developer answered in CSW forum, you are correct about this, and can sea deploy out of a contested base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.