Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deactivating minor power...who's the chooser for required movementes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danli
Spain
Murcia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1.- A minor power is deactivated. There are units (Naval or land units) out of minor's fortified space or port.

2.- Minor power units must return to CLOSEST port/fortified space friendly-controlled...

3.- There are TWO o more equidistant valid destinations...

4.- Who's the choosing player? options: a)previous allied of now-inactivated minor power; OR b)active player, who's playing the "deactivating" card...

Uf...sorry...my ...my english's getting worse, and worse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, each minor power except Hungary has only one fortified home space, and Hungary cannot be deactivated, so this is not an issue with land units.

If Genoa or Venice are deactivated and have more than one port equidistant from their Squadron(s) current location, the active player. Unless the card directs otherwise, the active player carries out its functions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danli
Spain
Murcia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dave. I agree...(and yes, no problem for land units!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Cobrousev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
First of all, each minor power except Hungary has only one fortified home space,

You are wrong, Venice has 3 fortified home spaces. Also an unfortified minor power's home space may be fortified with "Trace Italienne" card - yes, it is uncommon but still possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, Denis. Obviously the same rule applies - the active power decides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Denis Cobrousev wrote:
dirubin wrote:
First of all, each minor power except Hungary has only one fortified home space,

You are wrong, Venice has 3 fortified home spaces. Also an unfortified minor power's home space may be fortified with "Trace Italienne" card - yes, it is uncommon but still possible.

Yep, I was wrong. The general rule of the active player resolving may have to be applied to land units, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
There is no land path to Corfu and Candia, so that is irrelevant. All it means is that their garrisons stay when Venice is deactivated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.