Subject: [VIDEO] Little presentation from Serge Laget in english (humhum) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: VidRev [+] SYFY [+] [View All]
France
Poisy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

folllowing the video in french you may be interested in the english video.
I let you appreciate the endeavour made by Serge whistlewhistle

http://lerepaire.u7n.org/blog/2009/07/ad-astra-nexu-serge-la...

If you think it's worth seeing please do not hesitate to crosslink the video (you can get the embedded link directly in youtube)

tchao !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The only thing funnier than that video would be if an English person tried to do it in French. Informative all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I agree with Adam.

At least the guy tried. No, I do not think the video is funny because that would make me sarcastic.

Are we still xenophobic or merely laughing at someone's accent ? cool

I speak French but I would never pretend to explain a game on air in French.

Kind regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Big thanks to Serge for the fine effort! This certainly whetted my appetite to learn more. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Kortleven
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this very funny attempt at explaining the game. Yes, I do think the video was funny, because they obviously thought it was funny as well.

I will now continue to hesitate to ask for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome video! Thanks - looks like a great game. On my 'must buy' list!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to extract the script from the video.

It's barely understandable, even for a french native speaker, and I am not talking fluent english neither, so it may contains errors. Feel free to point them out.

Quote:

Hello, I'm c3p0 .?.?.? robot build to translate game concepts to humans 21th century international fucking language

Ad Astra is a "Settlers" like. It's a scoring game in which they are two core mechanisms. The setup is always different. Planets are randomly placed around the center. And it's a "programmation" game.
Each player has his own set of "programmation" cards.

On each turn, each player places 3 cards on the "programmation" track. Then when this cards are revealed, each player can do the action and the owner of the cards get a specific bonus.

There are five different categories of cards:

- Movement: You can move your starship on one of the two systems represented on the card.

- Production: You can choose one of the two resources, and all of the corresponding planets produce it.

- Building: you can improve your task force, building new elements (starship, colonies) at the indicated cost.

- Trade: you can trade with other players. Or with the bank at a ratio 2 for 1.

- And finally the scoring card which will give players victory points depending on their possessions or their starship fleet or their terraformed planets and so on.

It's not a fight game, it's a just a race. Mmm, maybe "Race for the Galaxy" could have been a good name. So it's a race to reach 50 victory points.

Thank you for your attention. If you have any question, please don't ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad props to Mr. Laget. If I had tried to do this in French I probably would have started some kind of international incident!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D.
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you translate it into French and back it reads:
Hello, I am C3P0 .?.?.? robot built to translate game concepts for human language [] 21th century international

Ad Astra is a "Settlers", etc.. It is a game of scoring in which there are two basic mechanisms. The configuration is always different. The planets are placed randomly around the center. And it's programming "game.
Each player has his own set of "programming" cards.

In each round, each player places 3 cards on programming "track. Then, when the cards are revealed, each player can make the action and the owner of the card to get a special bonus.

There are five different categories of cards:

- Movement: You can move your ship on one of two systems represented on the map.

- Production: You can choose one of two resources, and all produce the corresponding planets.

- Building: You can improve your workforce, the construction of new elements (Starship colonies) at that price.

- Trade: you can share with other players. Or the bank with a ratio of 2 to 1.

- And finally the scorecard, which will give players victory points based on their property or their fleet of spacecraft or their terraformed planets and so on.

This is not a fighting game, it's just a race. Mmm, maybe "Race for the Galaxy could be a good name. So it's a race to reach 50 victory points.

Thank you for your attention. If you have any questions, please do not ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Poisy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame, I should have keep Serge's notes and upload it as picture :whistle:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.