9 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Major mistake on Deluxe preview map (East Germany) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cord Hartmann
msg tools
Hi there,
I have just noticed that on the updated latest preview version of the TS Deluxe map (http://www.gmtgames.com/nnts/TSMap11.jpg ), East Germany is painted in the Western Europe color shade! Now, I really think that's one bug GMT should fix... - Cheerio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cord Hartmann
msg tools
Just to clarify: I meant the country on the map, NOT the country's counter placement box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that have already done it. The link you sent shows EG with the prefect shade (Eastern Europe shade).

Edit: Got it now. Yup, there is an error there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. I'll post this over at CSW, where it is certain to be seen by Mark Simonitch.

Edit: When I follow the link, the DDR is the same color as the BRD and different from Czechoslovakia & Poland!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Derwiński
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
1st Independent Parachute Brigade
mbmbmbmbmb
To be precise I don't see a border between West and East Germany, which should be between their boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cord Hartmann
msg tools
The former border appears to be completely covered by the two country boxes and the brownish connection line, which is between Lower Saxony (FRG) and the former GDR Bezirk Magdeburg (today Saxony-Anhalt).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cord Hartmann
msg tools
The situation seems to be persistent, as the pictures included in the Deluxe Edition rulebook preview show all of Germany's shape in the Western European color shade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I check that preview, the colour shade is correct. Hopefully the final map is indeed correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cord Hartmann
msg tools
Moreover, Austria has the Eastern European color shade, while Finland is painted in the darker Western European color shade.

While those countries are supposed to belong to both Western and Eastern Europe, gameplay-wise, I think the color shading should be the other way round (if at all different):

Austria was officially neutral since the Austrian State Treaty of 1955, but was definitely leaning more towards the West than Finland did (the Finno-Soviet treaty of 1948 comes to mind).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.