Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so yesterday my wife and I went to a wedding, it was downtown, and the only parking nearby was a very full paid parking lot. We found one last spot and pulled in, a little tight, but our big van did it, and there was ample room for both of us to get out, and for both adjoining cars to leave. (I made sure because the car on our left looked like a very expensive BMW.

We went to the wedding, and when we came back, the car on the right was gone.. Which was great because it made it a little easier to get out. So the next day my wife says "holy sh*t, look at this!"

On the right side of our back wheel, there is a nice dent (not a ding, a DENT!) in the side of our car, and alarge scrape down the side. So not only did the jack-hole beside us bang into our car, when he pulled out, he continued to do so, issuing screeches of metal on metal. Because I can't see any way of doing said damage and A) not hearing, and B) not feeling it as your car whammed into it.

So now what.. we're screwed. We either pay to fix it (how many hundreds will this be?) or we leave it. The car is leased, so does that mean we'll be paying huge fees back to the dealership unless we buy the car out?

Sigh...

idiots that make my life hell.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
As the unwilling recipient of my fair share of parking lot dings, dents and scratches, I can totally relate to your anger.

Edit: Have an avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you file a police report?

Do so and be detailed on what happened. If the car is leased, then you have comprehensive insurance coverage for this type of thing and your rates should NOT go up. Of course that all depends on the juristiction. You may have to pay a deductible of like $500 but that's better than the lease penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
As the unwilling recipient of my fair share of parking lot dings, dents and scratches, I can totally relate to your anger.

omg, Thank you so much for the generous geekgold!!! +)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

omg, Thank you so much for the generous geekgold!!! +)
Whoops, math fail. Now have an avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:

idiots that make my life hell.

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:

Hell is other people.

And I agree with the title...I often drive around wondering why I paid for lessons and my license because they are obviously giving them away for free somewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EuroHobbes wrote:
...they are obviously giving them away for free somewhere...
LOL
My late father used to holler "You get your license in a Cracker Jack box???" to the idiots that inhabit South Fla. roadways. Thanks for the memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Miller
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Whoops, math fail. Now have an avatar.

MAth fail, but the heart is BIG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me started...

All I'll say is I live and drive in the state with the lowest average driving test scores.

I f'in hate people cause 95% can't drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not bad driving, that's bad people skills.angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this issue too. My car has far too many dings, dents and scratches from asinine/selfish/dumbtard individuals who can't seem to pull out of their parking spots without scratching my car. I've had it since September, and it's a little black Mazda 3. Also a lease. What a pisser.

I think there are too many cars on the road. I've always been a supporter of retesting drivers in order to get some of these idiots out of their vehicles and on to public transit where they belong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why I still don't have a drivers license. I would be a killer behind the wheels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbespm wrote:
Did you file a police report?

Do so and be detailed on what happened. If the car is leased, then you have comprehensive insurance coverage for this type of thing and your rates should NOT go up. Of course that all depends on the juristiction. You may have to pay a deductible of like $500 but that's better than the lease penalty.

Well since I'm good at dragging threads off course (but that doesn't matter because this is Chit Chat), can anyone tell me why it's worthwhile to lease a car? I've never heard anything but bad stuff when it comes to leasing.

I also think it's really awesome that we pay for insurance just to get sucker punched by the company in paying deductibles.

cooler king wrote:
EuroHobbes wrote:
...they are obviously giving them away for free somewhere...
LOL
My late father used to holler "You get your license in a Cracker Jack box???" to the idiots that inhabit South Fla. roadways. Thanks for the memory.

I'm pretty sure that Central Florida is trying its best to win the dumbest drivers award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsyJam wrote:
I have this issue too. My car has far too many dings, dents and scratches from asinine/selfish/dumbtard individuals who can't seem to pull out of their parking spots without scratching my car. I've had it since September, and it's a little black Mazda 3. Also a lease. What a pisser.

I think there are too many cars on the road. I've always been a supporter of retesting drivers in order to get some of these idiots out of their vehicles and on to public transit where they belong.

I've always said that everyone should have to get re-tested every 5 years... This business of "get your license at 16, and not have to get tested until you're 80". is just so ass-backwards, it's not funny.

Pilots have to have mandatory testing all the time, why should drivers be any different.

By cancelling licenses, it will do two things

less cars on the road, lower pollution, increase transit ridership, reduce accidents, reduce insurance claims, smarten people up. The only con I can think of is that they'll have to open a LOT more driver centers to compensate for the vast amount of people having to be re-tested. But I think the pros outweight the cons. I've mentioned this to a few people, and I've never had anyone shoot it down as a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.