Recommend
32 
 Thumb up
 Hide
165 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: RSPer Of The Near Future - Darilian rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Dar. You're one of the good ones.

You've mentioned that Darilian is an RPG character name you've used again. What are some of your favorite characters with that name?

What's your favorite historical period to wargame?

Do you actually think Bill Hicks was funny (as opposed to insightful or influential)? If so, can you please provide an example? My research has turned up nothing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Using your WWII mini rules of choice, describe your favorite method of eliminating your germanophile opponent's coveted and supposedly invincible Tiger tank?

Did you have a chance to play Space Empires V yet?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the near future, I will say "Awesome!" and "I know him!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Do you have any famous Christians you respect or look up to, living or sleeping?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, someone that deserves to suffer the Spanish inquisition.

What is more important at defining history, leaders, or the massive forces of economics? Would Annie Oakley have been able to stop WWI and WWII by shooting Wilhelm? Was the industrial revolution inevitable?

Who is the most influential philosopher from the 19th century? How about the 20th?

Plato's The Republic. Chapter VII. Myth of the Cave. Why was it so darned important? Does it still have a lot of value today?

Should anyone want to read Aristotle, other than for purely historical reasons? Is any of his philosophical concepts valued today.

Why shouldn't we put libertarians in the same category as communists? After all, don't they both propose an utopian society that goes against human nature?

Why do people play Poker, a game with very few decisions per hour? It's not even that social a game!

List your 5 favorite presidents.

If you could go back in time to the drafting of the American constitution, and could use your knowledge of the future to convince the people in the Philadelphia Convention of anything that you wanted, what would you tell them to change?

If you don't get enough meaty questions, you'll get a second helping of torture.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:


For example, we know you read a lot now. But what about young Darilian? What was your favorite book growing up, assuming printing press technology was available at that time?

What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to other people while board gaming? Do you sit there and seethe quietly, slip in some well-aimed verbal barbs, or just openly strike them about the head with the board?

Do you follow sports at all? I vaguely remember something about the Mariners, but are there any professional teams you like?

Sheesh, now that I think about, I don't even know if you're married or not. Got a wife somewhere out there? Any little Darilians or Darlings?

You seem to be pretty well-versed in just about anything that pops up on here. Are there any topics you knowingly stay away from because they bore you or give you hives?

Who is your favorite member of the Wu-Tang Clan?

You've been put on death row for Meeple abuse: what's your last meal?

Good luck, Darilian!


I refuse to fisk posts, so lets see how long I can get through this week without succumbing to the temptation of Chad......! *LOL*

Favorite books....Man, thats a long post in and of itself. When my parents first moved to the NW from Chicago (when I was a young little Dar), they were huge hiking nuts. One of the standard activities, after hiking all day, would be to pull out some books and read until the light gave out- and talk about these books on the trail (or, more usually, while Resting- we were all pretty pudgy Chicagoans, and the Pacific Crest Trail is a lot of Up and Down....)

I got the Science Fiction bug early as a lad, and, yes, I read a ton of Heinlein. My FAVORITE book was a series of essays by Robert Heinlein, called "Expanded Universe". It was his thinking on politics, wierd little short stories that never got published, and a wierd polygot of crap. It influenced me a lot- mostly in one essay where he discussed the need in the future of a new type of intellectual who didn't specialize, but was more of a generalist. *LOL* I guess it still shows....my wierd form of libertarian atheism started then- but my atheism has mutated in a wierd form of agnosticism. I'm sure someone will hit me on this later...

Sports.... While I'm not big into evolutionary psychology, I think Desmond Morris' "Soccer Tribes" is dead on- people like identify with sports teams in a very 'primeval' sort of way. I think for Americans, the closest analog is College Football; Pro sports, the atheletes change sides so much, many fans drift from team to team, following individuals. (Of course, I'm not talking about REAL Cubbie fans, Red Sox nation, and the like!)

For me, the two sports I follow (for different reasons) are Washington State University Football (my alma mater) and Formula One auto racing. WSU FB for my soccer tribe fix- and for the drama. Those guys are hard luck cases that every ONCE in while get their shit together and impress the hell out of everyone. I admire that..! F1, becuase I'm a huge auto racing fan since way back, and NASCAR, frankly, is boring.

Marital Status....Never been married, but engaged twice? I'm holding off to allow the third time be the charm.... No little Darlins either.

Topics I avoid....Mostly ones where there isn't an interesting little point that I'm curious about. If its cut and dried, (to me) I'm not interested. To be quite honest, the topics that I love the most are the ones that require me to go off and do a little bit of research to cover my ass....I'm always curious about odd new things, and all they all fit together.

Wu tang Clan....Here's a subject I know nothing about. Frankly, I'm so unhip, its just not hoopy. I mean, I listen to PROG ROCK, fer chrissakes...!!!

Last Meal....Something light, as I don't want to embarrass myself in the chair... Probably a King Salmon steak, grilled with only olive oil and lemon, a fresh baguette, and a nice spinach salad- no egg.

AND AWAY we go...Lets how many times I put my foot in my mouth...

Darilian
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Congrats, Dar. You're one of the good ones.

You've mentioned that Darilian is an RPG character name you've used again. What are some of your favorite characters with that name?

What's your favorite historical period to wargame?

Do you actually think Bill Hicks was funny (as opposed to insightful or influential)? If so, can you please provide an example? My research has turned up nothing.


Ill be honest, I use Darilian (or Dar Elion, or Darren Noile) as my 'avatar' in RPGs- a bad habit that I'm trying to break. Now he just gets little walk on appearances in the various campaigns I run.

As of now, my poor anti-Hero persona has been in
3 DnD campaigns
2 Traveller campaigns
1 Over the Edge campaign
4 GURPS campaigns of various flavors.

Favorite period for wargaming.... Depends- am I playing Miniatures, or am I boardgaming? *LOL*

If Miniatures, probably Ancients. I'm a huge Greek nut, and a huge fan of the Hellenistic world.
If Boardgames, probably WWII. I HATE Nazis, and a perverse fascination with that conflict.

Bill Hicks....He can be hysterical, but you have to find the right bits- and none of them are on YouTube. I've got a Dvd of him performing at the CapCity comedy club (just up the street from where I live, btw) back before he got 'famous', and he's amazing- amazingly offensive, amazingly funny, amazingly insightful. I think the guy just loved jerking peoples chains.... Which is why I like him so much, I think...

Darilian
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
TheChin! wrote:
Using your WWII mini rules of choice, describe your favorite method of eliminating your germanophile opponent's coveted and supposedly invincible Tiger tank?

Did you have a chance to play Space Empires V yet?


My Favorite Method?

Using Flames of War, I love to draw Tigers against infantry in dense terrain, and then assault. Even though the Infantry can't quite kill the Tiger, they can force it to check if it gets stuck- and I've got TONS of infantry... Just a question of numbers.

Space Empires V.....I've fiddled with it. Its interesting....but frankly, I got distracted with Baldur's Gate II (again) and I've been going through that, trying to do every little thing I missed the first time. Yes, I'm a geek.

"Go for the eyes, Boo- GO FOR THE EYES!!!!!"

Darilian
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
joebelanger wrote:
In the near future, I will say "Awesome!" and "I know him!"


Awesome!! I know him too!!

When are we playing Arkham Horror???!!!


Darilian
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
Latria wrote:
Congrats! Do you have any famous Christians you respect or look up to, living or sleeping?


Thomas Aquinas.

I had to say that or Requete would hurt me.....

Darilian
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whooo Hoooo!!

Great Choice Gen.

Dar


What was the airspeed of a fully laden Passenger Pigeon?

Do you think the fact that we burdened them with passengers contributed to their extinction?

laugh kiss laugh

I will come up with some more questions later.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lil li
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Yay yay yay! Yippeeeeeeee!

Hmmm, I'll probably read more before I ask too much.

Do you have siblings? If so, what are they like?

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

How do you pick armies? Does their historical significance matter to you? Do you just look at their strength in the game?

Does it annoy you when war games screw with history?

Why Christian Slater?

How hard to you have to restrain yourself when people invoke Nazis and other stuff you are an expert in? How much do you hold back when you engage them?

Do your hilariously perfect one liners just come to you, or are they carefully crafted?

Of where you've lived, what is your favorite place? Why?

more later.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thucydides or Herodotus?

Livy or Polybius?

Nietzsche, William James, or Anti-Foundationalist Scholar of Your Choice?

Were the Athenians foolish to invade Syracuse?

Optimates or Populares? Or if you prefer to stick with the personal politics that so marked the time: Marius or Sulla?

If Alexander had made it back to Macedonia could he have turned to Italy and conquered Rome and/or the Sabines and/or Carthage-in-Sicily and/or Carthage and/or Syracuse? We'll assume Tarentum would have caved instantly and given him safe harbor, more so than they even gave Pyrrhus.

Cicero: awesome or double awesome?

Favorite Greek play, comedy and tragedy.

Yes, I've been waiting for this.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
.... No little Darlins either.


That you know of....


I'll return with questions fitting of your newfound honor.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Iliad or Odyssey?

Augustus: Savior or tyrant? You're not allowed to say "both".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
hibikir wrote:
Ah, someone that deserves to suffer the Spanish inquisition.

What is more important at defining history, leaders, or the massive forces of economics? Would Annie Oakley have been able to stop WWI and WWII by shooting Wilhelm? Was the industrial revolution inevitable?

Who is the most influential philosopher from the 19th century? How about the 20th?

Plato's The Republic. Chapter VII. Myth of the Cave. Why was it so darned important? Does it still have a lot of value today?

Should anyone want to read Aristotle, other than for purely historical reasons? Is any of his philosophical concepts valued today.

Why shouldn't we put libertarians in the same category as communists? After all, don't they both propose an utopian society that goes against human nature?

Why do people play Poker, a game with very few decisions per hour? It's not even that social a game!

List your 5 favorite presidents.

If you could go back in time to the drafting of the American constitution, and could use your knowledge of the future to convince the people in the Philadelphia Convention of anything that you wanted, what would you tell them to change?

If you don't get enough meaty questions, you'll get a second helping of torture.


History....
The best advice I got from an instructor is that there are NO impersonal 'forces' in history. There are only individuals. What we call the 'forces of the market' is just the sum total of how people ACT- and sometimes irrationally. 'Mexico' doesn't do anything- Mexian people and leaders do. Remembering this helps you better understand the cause/effect of what people do....

Philosophers...
19th Century, in terms of INFLUENCE (historically) I'd have to say Nietzsche.

20th Century, again, Bertrand Russell. But its a toss up there...

Plato and the Cave....
The concept, I think is essential. One, its the first systematic attempt to look at the 'reality' of ideas as seperate from physical objects. So its interesting from a 'history of ideas' perspective.

But more importantly, the metaphor of looking beyond the little shiny lights, to look harder and more critically at your world around you, is all the more important in this modern culture of 24 hour advertising, political spin, and focus groups. If you aren't able to understand how people are using language to manipulate you, its difficult to make the decisions that you want to make....

Aristotle...!!
Heretic!! *lol*
No, I think Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics and Politics to be essential- and a challenge to our current lifestyle. The concept of Eudaimonia- the 'best' life- as one that balances the life of the mind and body is one that I think that, in our consumer culture of buying stuff, we have totally forgotten. Eudaimonia is a 'secular' approach to trying to solve what I think is a growing spiritual emptyness in the culture of the West.

Libertarians...
There are libertarians and there are libertarians...and then there are libertarians! My personal brand is so off base, I'd be surprised if anyone else followed it. Basically, 'I' have made the choice to be Free, and will follow (or break) any laws that I see fit. If its moral, I will follow. If immoral, I will break it. If you force me, I'll do so, but try to undermine the process. But no matter what 'laws' you pass, I am Free.
Libertarians are trying, in different ways, to try and teach this similar lesson. But a lotof them are just crazy...which is why I didn't vote for one, despite a LOT of my Libertarian friends screaming at me... *LOL*

Poker...There is one KEY decision, however. Is that guy bluffing or not? Add money, and you have a game!!
But I have a TERRIBLE poker face, so I don't play for money.

5 favorite Presidents.....Well, I'll shift this question to be my Five Favorite FAILED Presidents- Men I admire, even though reality crushed them.
1) LBJ. Perhaps the most effective Legislative President ever, but crushed by Vietnam.
2) Carter. Definitely the most honest, 'good' man to hold the office, but
a)- unable to effectively delegate
b)- unwilling to be 'ruthless' in the pursuit of his ends. He was just too nice a guy.
3) Clinton. Possible the best policy wonk since LBJ, but let his personal desire overcome- when he KNEW the GOP was gunning for SOMETHING.
4) Grant. A great war hero, but a poor judge of character. Implicated and bamboozled by hustlers, not able to implement his policy, he's a perfect example of how great generals are not necessarily great Presidents.
5) Nixon. Rise and fall of the one of the most monumental figures in American 20th century political history. We despise him for Watergate, but he gave us the EPA, the Clean Air/Water act, pushed rehabilitation as a key part of Drug enforcement. A very complicated personality.

Constitutional Convention.....If anything, to strengthen the 10th Amendment on undeclared powers being left to the people and the states.

Oh, I'm sure someone will be looking for blood, Jorge...blood in the water and the sharks are swimming...!!

Darilian
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you find funny?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
Meerkat wrote:
Whooo Hoooo!!

Great Choice Gen.

Dar


What was the airspeed of a fully laden Passenger Pigeon?

Do you think the fact that we burdened them with passengers contributed to their extinction?

laugh kiss laugh

I will come up with some more questions later.


Slower than a .8 gauge Shotgun, alas......*sigh*

Darilian
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:


What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to other people while board gaming? Do you sit there and seethe quietly, slip in some well-aimed verbal barbs, or just openly strike them about the head with the board?


Missed this one...!

Mostly, I get a trout and say, "KISS THE FISH!!!" *LOL*

No, mostly I show my distraction by just wiffing my hand, sighing, moaning, and otherwise being a little twit. But hey! If I can make a move in Formula De in under 20 seconds, why can't YOU?

Darilian
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
bat girl wrote:
Yay yay yay! Yippeeeeeeee!

Hmmm, I'll probably read more before I ask too much.

Do you have siblings? If so, what are they like?

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

How do you pick armies? Does their historical significance matter to you? Do you just look at their strength in the game?

Does it annoy you when war games screw with history?

Why Christian Slater?

How hard to you have to restrain yourself when people invoke Nazis and other stuff you are an expert in? How much do you hold back when you engage them?

Do your hilariously perfect one liners just come to you, or are they carefully crafted?

Of where you've lived, what is your favorite place? Why?

more later.


Siblings- I have a brother, a Stepsister and a Stepbrother.

I'm the black sheep of the clan. My brother followed in my Dad's footsteps and went into medicine, studying at Johns Hopkins. He's now a researcher with a major Pharmaceutical concern. However, like me, he's not married, but has been living with one woman for several years. Ahh the impact of broken homes. My stepsister is a bit...vacuous, but nice, my stepbrother is a hoot. Then again, he was adopted by my Stepmother (he's African-American). You have to realize, Yakima, WA (where I went to High School) is pretty racist. So, my stepbrother was under a lot of pressure, as a fairly well to do *but adopted by Whites* young kid. He screwed up, sure, but no worse than I did, and he's still a great guy.

To be honest, though, I don't see a lot of my Father's side of the family. Working on that some, though....

What did I want to be as a child?...the stereotypical answer, I wanted to be an astronaut! Then I realized that you needed perfect vision. Then i wanted to be an engineer- but I realized that while I'm GOOD at Math, I hate puzzles. HATE HATE puzzles. Prefer to make my OWN solutions, rather than looking for the 'right way'. So I went into the liberal arts...where anyone can be an expert!!! *LOL*

Armies....I pick armies on the basis of, have I read much about them? Especially folk history or cultural history. For instance, Im a huge fan of Alexander the Great,so I have a Macedonian army. But Carthage, on the other hand, bores me. Mostly because I haven't read that much (except for Roman accounts).

Christian Slater will always have a soft place in my heart for "Very Bad Things" and "Pump up the Volume". *lol*

Nazis- Well, I don't really restrain myself. *LOL* I try though...Mostly, I remember that, like in ANY field, there is what the public knows, and there is what the Experts know. I try to remember this when I move into other fields where I'm only an educated layman (*like Global Warming*) but do fail sometimes. Thats when I like to mix it up about Nazis- It reminds me of my own personal limitations.....*believe it or not, David*


One Liners- I actually don't see myself as 'funny'. Obnoxious comes to mind. So does sarcastic. As does immensely annoying. But funny???

Favorite place to live- Austin. I've lived all over the Pac NW, and some in the Industrial MidWest, but Austin has it all. Big enough to have the advantages of a big city, but none of the problems of a big city like Seattle or Portland. Absolutely love it here.

Oh crap- now all of y'all will move here, especially the Californians. Umm..No, LA is the SHIT. I'd move there in a HEARTBEAT!!!! *tongue in cheek*...


Darilian
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
Quote:

Wu tang Clan....Here's a subject I know nothing about. Frankly, I'm so unhip, its just not hoopy. I mean, I listen to PROG ROCK, fer chrissakes...!!!


Fair enough, let me ask a more prog question. Um, do you still remember
December's foggy freeze, when the ice that clings onto your beard was screaming agony?

Even if you don't, thanks for being a good sport.


Only when I'm suffering from Locomotive Breath.....I heard that one from the Minstrel in the Gallery...!

Darilian
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
none of the problems of a big city like Seattle or Portland.


I'd like a little more detail on this if you'd be so kind.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
In the near future, I will say "Awesome!" and "I know him!"


Awesome!! I know him too!!

When are we playing Arkham Horror???!!!


Darilian


As soon as the first gate opens here in Austin, at the unstable location you are guarding; Great Hall Games.

Soon the stars will be aligned.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Thucydides or Herodotus?

Livy or Polybius?

Nietzsche, William James, or Anti-Foundationalist Scholar of Your Choice?

Were the Athenians foolish to invade Syracuse?

Optimates or Populares? Or if you prefer to stick with the personal politics that so marked the time: Marius or Sulla?

If Alexander had made it back to Macedonia could he have turned to Italy and conquered Rome and/or the Sabines and/or Carthage-in-Sicily and/or Carthage and/or Syracuse? We'll assume Tarentum would have caved instantly and given him safe harbor, more so than they even gave Pyrrhus.

Cicero: awesome or double awesome?

Favorite Greek play, comedy and tragedy.

Yes, I've been waiting for this.



Thucydides..but its CLOSE, man. Very close. I love Thucydides actual HISTORY, but I love the little nuance of culture that Herodotus gives us.

Polybius over Livy. I love his cultural insights into Rome and the rest of the Hellenistic world...

Nietzsche, man. NO ONE can claim to be an 'intellectual atheist' without dealing with N. I don't care if you agree, disagree, or discount him- you CAN'T ignore him.

Syracuse- DUH! But it shows the power of demogogues in any Democracy more eplicitly than any other political parable I know....

Hmm...the Optimates were at least HONEST about their politics. The Populares were just in it for the political power- for the most part, maybe the Gracchi were different but their succssors were not like them. As such, I admire Marius but respect Sulla....

Alexander- Given how much trouble that Hannibal gave the Romans with combined arms tactics, Id say yes. I'm also assuming that Alexander, with access to the IMMENSE wealth of the Persian empire, would have had better logistics than poor Pyrhuss..and look how well HE did against Rome, fighting on a shoestring.

Cicero- Double Awesome! Poor deluded fool. Convinced that his ability of rhetoric would help him get out (or even influence) the political struggle between Caesar and Pompey.....

Favorite Comedy- the Clouds. Lysistrata a close second.
Favorite Tragedy- Antigone.

Darilian
8 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Iliad or Odyssey?

Augustus: Savior or tyrant? You're not allowed to say "both".


Illiad! The Odyssey is important, but if you want to understand Greece, you have to understand the Iliad, and how important that is to their culture.

Augustus- Tyrant! But the Republic was dead by the time of Sulla, it just took Augustus to stop the agony....

Darilian
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.