Subject: Mythgardia has arrived...(Quick review) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: notarealreview [+] [View All]
John Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys

Ok my box came through the post about an hour ago.

THE QUALITY OF THE PIECES

The packaging it came in wasnt to bad for royal mail post service and i was very excited to open it.

once you open the box which is made of a thin cardboard the first thing you will notice is your signed certificate with the number of your game(mine is number 32).

The board as you pull it out looks of very bad material. its just made of paper like you would get from a poster. This to me is my only bad point with the game so far. The picture on the board however looks good and plays well but just cant help thinkings its a poster.

the cards are all seperated in to their piles for you and the pictures on some of them look a little comical due to their microsoft paint they seem to be created on but work well for the game.

The manuel is small in size but has alot you need to read to understand the game in it, and is also signed by both bob and i believe his wife who is the artist.

The GAME AND HOW IT PLAYS

Forget about the quality of the pieces for a moment. This game works rather well.I am halfway through my first game of which i was given Margant the Deathstalker and im playing against Radolpho the Troubadour in a 2 player game.

You start off with 3 allys 3 companions and 3 items all of which once you have been to their location on the map will give you an advantage to some event cards that crop up. e.g robin the companion gives you an advantage in the mist as he is a scout.

The aim os the game is to collect 3 crystals and give them to the sanctuarys marks as S on the map.

You find the crystals by picking up a locations card at the begining of the game that tells you where a clue is. Each player has a different clue and when you get to the clue the location of a crystal is reviealed to that player.

The intresting thing is if you know some one is heading for the crystal and you dont know where it is you can follow them and attack them before they reach an S marker once they picked it up. You can also carry more than one and you may have to start avoiding payers you you get to many.

MY THOUGHTS

I think the games is well put together and has the feel of an old school Fighting Fantasy book but in board game form.

The production of the game is abit low but the game works perfectly and i would love this game to be taken up by a professional company and produced to the masses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the info, John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
is the game like return of the heroes?
sure if you thing ma warhammer map + warhamer figures+ artwork (cards &map)
the game will look cool. the other way expansions new regions & cards , charakters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
hi guys

Thank fo reading my review. i know its only a short one but i thought id get somthing posted on geek as soon as i could and get the ball rolling.

The game went well and after a while i managed to win the game by collecting 3 crystals.

As the second crystal was closer to get to than a sanctuary i did end up carrying more crystals at once than i feel is safe for keeping my self in the lead but it paid off.

My only quiery is that the first crystal igot was on a sanctuary location so i could not give it in to that location and was made to travel to the other side of the world to hand it in.

On the way their tho i picked up another crystal of which was not on a sactuary.

My quiery is am i aloud to take that second crystal to the santuary im not aloud to take the first or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Toth
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am pleased to see that the game play is good. It is a tough sell in this day of flashy art over content. From what I have seen so far is that it leans more towards an RPG with the mechanics of a board game...and a nice romp through some legendary places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.