Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have been curious about this game for a while now. Over the weekend my brother-in-law, who taught me how to play euchre and plays it all the time, was in town so I figured it was a great opportunity to try out 500. I read up on the rules and we tried it and we like it quite a bit. The problem is I don't have many people around me that would play this with me often, so is there a place to play this online? I found a website that lets me download a client and play against the computer, but I want to play against real opponents. If this is so popular in Australia, there must be a place online where people play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've found http://www.juliannegiffin.com/ I don't have time to get on and try it out right now, has anybody played there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slick Mick
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hey did you ever find anybody who plays?
I've found that nobody talks about it... but once you ask, a LOT of people play.
It's common with local council workers, RAAFies, and I'm sure many others.

In at least 3 groups, we never played for years because nobody knew each other played.
So now it's the first question I ask when I meet somebody
[It is a great game.]

I've tried that juliannediffin game - she doesn't play properly. There is a better game out there too, but it's not very good either.

I'm a .net developer now, maybe one day I'll write a game that plays properly

[Some people play it like a kids game... "ha ha lucky - I had that ace"... but played properly, you know pretty much where all the main cards are through the bidding, making it a real game of strategy, rather than chance.]

oh, but the reason for this post is to ask where you are. If Brisbane, we'll get you around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game but I would never play it online. It is a game for playing with people arround a table while talking rubbish.

Don't get me wrong, there is a fair amount of think here but it is all about the partnership dynamics and you wouldn't get that online.

Teach some people who play euchre, I can give you the varient that I play with if you are interested, I can also give you some tips and tricks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.