Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Before I begin: I find a third person in two days who has rated a game they've never played or seen before it's even released.

What's more, as appears to be usual for this sort of behaviour, it was rated a ten. Brilliant. It appears to be a habit of wildly optimisitc fanboys who rave about their games as the best games ever. It makes me consider rating it as a 1 right now just to pull the average down to where it belongs--especially since I don't imagine many people will buy it, let alone bother to rate it more highly,

However, in as much as I feel it is unjustifiable to rate this game as anything above a seven (and then, only with house rules, not on its own merit), perhaps the fellow does have some way of justifying any rating at all (the same justification I might use to ironically mock this travesty by changing my post from General to Review and seeing if it can be favourably geekmodded):

This is the same game as before.

(Try my reviews:
NB: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/381563
SSM: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/381617
to find out more on NB in general as I'm just concentrating on how this is to NB/SSM as an eigenvector is to itself after a linear transformation results in an eigenvalue of 1, as topographcially a teacup is to an American donut, or as the imagined appearance of a spin 0 particle is to the imagined appearance of that same spin 0 particle when imaginarily viewed from any angle.)

I have spent the better part of two hours copy-editing my house rules and comparing the rules for Ninja Burger (NB), Ninja Burger 2: Sumo-Size Me! (SSM), and the copy of rules for Ninja Burger: Secret Ninja Death Touch Edition which I downloaded from the SJG website.

Some of the italics and bold appear to have changed, the formatting is rearranged, some pictures have been differently croooeo (that's approximately what "cropped" would look like if you cropped it). The relevant sections from SSM have been pasted in the appropriate places (or inappropriate places: the rules for the Tip Jar have been redundantly included in the Starting the Game section, as well the Tip Jar section, and the Starting the Game section too). There was also a sentence fragment that ended in a colon: It was only an introduction for another sentence.

I note all in the preceding paragraph with great interest as I suspect this is what is meant by the claim that this edition contains all the NB and SSM contain, "plus more."

The new rules note that the set includes:

* "this rulesheet" (but not the previous rulesheets? That's not everything "plus more"),

* three black ninja dice (as did NB, though these ones look to be red pipped not cream; whoever heard of a ninja using creamy pipped dice? Maybe they were bone coloured and the new ones are blood coloured because it's much more socially acceptable to take out your ninja weapon and blood people rather than bone them in public),

* tokens for money and honour (both in SSM although they were needed to in NB),

* 216 cards (NB 144 + SSM 72 = 216) of which "72...carry a sumo-wrestler-icon indicating that they originally appeared in Sumo-Size Me!"

To reconsider, this doesn't really look like anything more yet.

Since I don't think that a larger box carrying more air in it counts as "plus more" (I had some photos from some other credited geeks but I've just previewed them and they make the new box seem smaller) it must be this one last thing:

Instead of only tokens that stand for one honour, there are now some larger five honour tokens too. Oddly, this would seem to indicate there is less as one 5 token could replace five 1 tokens.

On Steve Jackson, you are such a kidder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since I already reviewed a game I've never seen I might as well reply to my own thread before anyone else by saying:

Thank you, Geekmodders!

whoever you may be. You have tickled my fancy by approving my post-modern pre-release sight unseen review. To cap this off conceit I shall thumb my own posts. Adieu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ph’nglui mglw’nfah Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Thank you.
2. So, where are these house rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*My* NB dice were black with GOLD pips. I like them.
Very honorable looking!

So what are your "house rules" Two of us are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kytty wrote:
So what are your "house rules" Two of us are interested.

As they're only a very small modification of the those available in the files section of the Ninja Burger entry, while they're workable they're not that great that they can be disseminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.