Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine who is new to boardgaming will be moving to Grants Pass in Mid-to-Late August and would like to find other boardgame fans in this area. She would also prefer to not be the only girl as well. :0) She is 24 and has basic experience in Monopoly Deal, Colosseum, Pandemic, and Cuba, with Colosseum being her favorite. Thank you for your time, and good gaming to my fellow fans on the West Coast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some active people in Medford/Ashland area (think Funagain) to the south and we're a bit of a drive to the north here in Eugene around 2 hours but there are several active groups here. Don't know of anyone right in Grants pass though. If she follows the posts in the West forum, most of us post the bigger events here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Casey
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we try to be active, but with mixed success. We're in Central Point...Grants Pass might be a bit far to travel from, but we're here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd N.
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game night the third Saturday of every month at the Ashland Library. The next one is this Saturday and runs from Noon till 11:00pm.
A fellow geek is the organizer: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/cdefrisco

It draws a lot of people and there are always a wide variety of games and gamer types.

Lately Fun Again has been donating games for demos which has been really cool. If you get on the mailing list for it there are always monthly reminders sent out, plus there are sometimes extra game nights; Last Friday they did a Catan themed night. The times for these events also get e-mailed out in advance.

A local shop in Medford has been trying to get a board game night going, the shop is called Astral games. They have a mailing list for their events also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy!
I'm the guy that hosts the monthly game night at the Ashland library.
This Saturday is actually from 5 to 11 pm (not Noon to 11). Nice try Todd!
Ashland is approx. 1 hour from Grants Pass.

I'm planning a Noon to 11 pm game day on August 8th.

The library has a Teen Day on the same day as my game night from Noon to 3:30 pm. There are usually about 20 young teens there, and I usually show up about 1 to push board games on them. They have video games setup and there is usually a D&D session going on. I can usually get two or three games of something going while I'm there... and it provides me some extra time to get setup for the 5 pm game night as it occurs in the same room.

If you want to get on the mailing list just geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grants Pass also has a board game store that apparently is hosting a weekly board game day (or night). My mother lives in Grants Pass and was mentioning the store the other day. If you are interested let me know and I'll e-mail her for details (I can't seem to find anything on Google about it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it would be helpful for her. Thank you very much for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.