Popular Tags: [View All]
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sabotage is the only card that you can play during your opponents turn. Is this in lieu of your next turn?

In other words, if I'm moving a train and my opponent plays sabotage on me, do I finish my turn, then take another turn, since my opponent already used his next turn playing sabotage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets suppose that I have decided to do Transport, Costas, and I have, say, 4 trains. I send off my first Train (empty) back home, OK? Then I start up a Train filled with 6 Steel, which I really need down where I am trying to get over those Mountains yuk you put in front of me. With shout of "Hah! Sabotage!!" ninja you show me your Sabotage card, pay a Steel, a Food and a Water from your Home, and you put the Sabotage card in the Removed pile. With great sadness, cry I remove the 6 precious Steel from the Train and put it back into the common Supply. I also put the Train in my Discard pile. However, I still have two more Trains to run, which I do. meeple Then it is the end of my turn and the beginning of your turn, Costas. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about exactly the way I would play it... arrrh

Would I immediately refill my hand? Or would I play my next turn with 3 cards only and then refill at the end of that turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only refill your hand at the End of your Turn, surprise Costas, so you will have to play your turn with only 3 cards. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
That's a lot of emoticons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiderjakk wrote:
That's a lot of emoticons.

You have no idea Jack. This is a very intense game, especially when you've saved that sabotage card in your hand for 3 hrs and finally get to drop it on your opponent! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 on intense game.

I played it with my SO, Jill over the past weekend and she's already raring to play it again. That's where the question actually came up, I was discussing the game with Costas and was wondering how it would be handled. We played it exactly as John said. Jill hit me just as I was about to lay my 7th rail and destroyed a bunch of coal and labor. She ended up winning 8 to 7. For what is a 'long' game, the time flew by and it didn't seem all that long.

Another great game John!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cparrott wrote:
Another great game John!

Thanks, Chuck, but I have to say: "Another great game, Dieter!"

Dieter Danziger is the master of train games. We expect to have another one of his marvelous, innovative games in the 2010 Essen Set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.