Well my review was "declined" so I will post my variant here for those interested.
1) Take all of the cards and create 3 decks:
A) HERO DECK-contains all yellow backed hero cards
B) MONSTER DECK-contains all monsters & traps
C) TREASURE DECK-contains all spells, items & treasures
2) Deal 8 hero cards to each player, then set aside the heroes deck.
3) Each player selects one hero than passes the cards to the next player
4) Each player continues to selcet one hero card and pass the cards to the next player until each player has 8 heroes total
5) Deal each player 3 cards from the treasure deck.
6) If possible you can attach all 3 to your heroes.
7) Deal each player 10 cards from the Monster deck
8) play begins as normal
9) After finishing a turn playing as the monsters, always draw your hand back up to 10 monster cards from the Monster deck.
10) Anytime a hero in the front rank is killed, a hero form the back rank must move up to the front rank and fill the gap.
11) for each monster you defeat on your turn draw one treasure card.
12) play treasure cards on your party per original rules at the end of an encounter
13) Keep any monsters your party of heroes kills or traps you avoid in a separate pile beside your heroes. You can discard your heroes into this pile as well.
14) at the end of the game,total the gold for each treasure attached to a hero then add 100 gold for each monster defeated or trap avoided. Player with the highest total wins.
I also recommend creating location cards to help track (and add mood) to the play of the game. I will post my own shortly.
- Last edited Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:48 pm (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:44 pm