Popular Tags: [View All]
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if a corner of a unit digs into another unit through a turn, I suppose it snaps to the face of the unit pivoting around the point where the faces meet?

edited to make more sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it snaps to the narrower angle.

Page 10 of the pdf has an example of the overlapping in action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. What I'm thinking of isn't covered in the examples given. What if the unit moving digs one of it's corners into a stationary unit?

Perhaps the stationary unit snaps to the moved unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chase

Montana
msg tools
mb
From the rules: Page 8

“Snapping To” while moving Straight Ahead

When the leading edge of a moving unit collides with another unit, it pivots on the point it collided with the corner, and then “snaps to” that unit and becomes adjacent to it. This is not optional, so if you don’t want to end up snapping to a unit, whether that be your own unit or an enemy unit, you must avoid running into it.

When a collision occurs, the angle by which the moving unit hit the stationary one determines which side the moving unit snaps to. If one angle is smaller (i.e. narrower) than the other, that is the side to which the moving unit must snap. If both players agree that the angles are the same the active player may make a choice to snap to either side.

Once a unit has snapped to its target, the moving player may then choose to slide the moving unit until an edge or a notch aligns with an edge or notch of the adjacent unit.

I hope that clarifies your question.
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Madshadow wrote:

When the leading edge of a moving unit collides with another unit

What if it's not the leading edge that collides with the other unit? What if it's the corner that collides with an edge or two corners overlap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way they could ever overlap is if at some point in the movement a leading edge came into contact. Whenever a unit moves, regardless of direction, one of the edges leads the movement. Even if it's an edge at the corner colliding with an edge of another unit's corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.