Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I make a model of the Battlestar Galactica out of card stock for use with the game - something that has not been posted or attempted apparently. I try to upload pictures of this and they get shot down - repeatedly.. I also have painted some components and placed them on floral wire - also something that I have not seen on the site, and these too get shot down.

I get feedback that makes no sense at all. I have seen people upload the most absurdly goofy things, and yet, I cannot upload some simple creative elements?

Would someone please respond to this and explain if I am doing something wrong in some manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What kind of feedback are you getting that doesn't make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would help to see the photo. You can always upload it to your personal gallery.

Have you been choosing "Creative" when you submit it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like "creative" was what I was suppose to choose. I guess I am not understanding why this wouldn't also fit in "games". I suppose I need to see the site's definition of this.

Anyone else have any tips to go by? Also, when do these images actually get to the site where they can be viewed?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar items as a possible explanation of why it was rejected, for example. There was no similar item to what I uploaded. Regardless, they apparently are being accepted under creative, so all is well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
"Creative" is where they belong. "Game" is meant for the game and its parts as they come in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Looks like "creative" was what I was suppose to choose. I guess I am not understanding why this wouldn't also fit in "games". I suppose I need to see the site's definition of this.

Just mouse over the when you submit a photo.

It may be clearer that if you're thinking, "How do I show other geeks what they'll get with this game?" it belongs in Game. Otherwise it belongs in People (if it shows people) or Creative (including when you're thinking, "The components of this game look really cool when...").

JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Anyone else have any tips to go by? Also, when do these images actually get to the site where they can be viewed?

The usual photo tips are good: show your subject clearly; generally get in close; watch lighting amount and white balance; use a tripod or the self-timer in low light.

Pictures appear once they've passed GeekMod. It takes a lot longer to not pass since the photo has to collect a lot of disapproval votes. You'll get mail when your shot gets approved, just as you do when it's disapproved. If you check fast, you may see it on the front page photo section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you got them in:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Similar items as a possible explanation of why it was rejected, for example. There was no similar item to what I uploaded. Regardless, they apparently are being accepted under creative, so all is well.

Sometimes when you upload multiple pics of the same thing mods will reject the second or third or whatever as "similar" since it is similar to the one they just saw. Since not all mods see the pics in the same order, this can lead to all your pictures being rejected.

Also, as you seemed to have noticed, carefully considering which category a picture belongs in will go along way toward getting in accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorndor wrote:
Since not all mods see the pics in the same order...

I don't believe this happens any more. The obvious problem was with duplicates, but the second of the duplicates is always rejected now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I declined these as "wrong category", and added a comment that they should be in "Creative". As mentioned above, "Game" is for things as they come, straight out of the box. Otherwise, people might see the pictures and expect that they will get your (awesome ) model in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fine - just was wondering. I thought though it was a picture of the same model, that others might like to see it from various view points. Also, since this was a card stock model I found at the Zealot site, others might be inclined to make one themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
I declined these as "wrong category", and added a comment that they should be in "Creative". As mentioned above, "Game" is for things as they come, straight out of the box. Otherwise, people might see the pictures and expect that they will get your (awesome :) ) model in the box.

There is still a lot of inconsistency on BGG though. The front page currently shows painted miniatures from Descent, and the image is under "Games," very misleading, my instant reaction was "wow, Descent is using painted minis now."

And then I've uploaded images of components not currently shown on BGG and got "inappropriate" feedback from people who obviously have no clue.

Personally I think people approving/disapproving images should have some interest and knowledge of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugavine wrote:
There is still a lot of inconsistency on BGG though. The front page currently shows painted miniatures from Descent, and the image is under "Games," very misleading, my instant reaction was "wow, Descent is using painted minis now."

With thousands upon thousands of images, most put in before the craetive category even existed, there will have to be errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.