United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have uploaded the box art for the combined expansion, folks, we hope you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this John, I assume this will be in their smallest size box (ie Aton, Rat Hot etc)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:
Thanks for this John, I assume this will be in their smallest size box (ie Aton, Rat Hot etc)?

I don't know, James, but I think that Bernd told me that it was a new size for Queen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that owners of the previous Wabash Cannonball edition will get the Narrow Gauge expansion directly from you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
I guess that owners of the previous Wabash Cannonball edition will get the Narrow Gauge expansion directly from you?

You can get it only via the Essen 2009 set:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43385
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

The Narrow Gauge expansion from Queen works just great on the Wabash Cannonball map! Queens' games are available to the general public all over the world, so we won't be offering the Narrow Gauge aside from the 2009 Essen Set.

I also expect that some of this year's Essen Set buyers don't have the original Wabash Cannonball and might put their little Narrow Gauge expansion up for sale/trade here on the geek, if that is important to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
I have uploaded the box art for the combined expansion, folks, we hope you like it!

Yes I like it, but I guess the expansions will fit in same box as the game so as nice as it looks, it will probably end up empty in the back of the shelves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

The Narrow Gauge expansion from Queen works just great on the Wabash Cannonball map! Queens' games are available to the general public all over the world, so we won't be offering the Narrow Gauge aside from the 2009 Essen Set.

I also expect that some of this year's Essen Set buyers don't have the original Wabash Cannonball and might put their little Narrow Gauge expansion up for sale/trade here on the geek, if that is important to you.

The components will not match and the wooden trains will not fit well with the smaller hexes of the original.

Also we'll pay for Erie Railroad which is of no use to those like me who already bought it from you.

If people are going to sell their limited expansion for a small fortune on eBay i'll get some spare cubes and will make my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
The Narrow Gauge expansion from Queen works just great...

John,

I'll definitely be picking up this expansion when it comes out as CE has been a huge hit for us...aside from the addition of the Erie (I purchased it directly from you), can you give a hint or two about what the Narrow Gauge expansion will add to the base game? Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
can you give a hint or two about what the Narrow Gauge expansion will add to the base game?

[In my best Mr. T voice]

Pain......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James pretty much has it right there, Mitch.

As the standard gauge railroads reach certain areas, narrow gauge railroads come into play. If someone builds a little narrow gauge railroad in a mining or timber hex, standard gauge railroads are blocked from that hex. There are other elements, but I will leave some suspense, OK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:

Bernd says the box is
227mm long
167mm wide
30mm high
OK, James?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
As the standard gauge railroads reach certain areas, narrow gauge railroads come into play. If someone builds a little narrow gauge railroad in a mining or timber hex, standard gauge railroads are blocked from that hex. There are other elements, but I will leave some suspense, OK?

I'm quite excited! Take *that*, PRR - no Philadelphia for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.