United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
So after my adventures in Mountain Dew's version of World of Warcraft and the subsequent nausea, I decided: F' it. I'll drink through the entire Mountain Dew rainbow of pain.

First up we have the blue one, aka Voltage.

This one is, well, weird. It tastes like blue Kool Aid mixed with Sprite. It's a very odd flavor. It's not like the others so far that have been Mountain Dew with extra crap dumped in. No it's like they had a flavor sitting around the lab they didn't know what the hell to do with so they just stuck a Mountain Dew label on it. It's okay, nothing great, but it still triggers that too-much-sugar Mountain Dew stomach turn.

I don't hate it, but I certainly don't love it either. It does get points for being an odd flavor, not a lot of Raspberry/Ginseng sodas out there really. I would say try it, unless you already know you don't like really sugary sodas.

Coldie's Taste-O-Meter:
gulpgulpgulp

Next up:
We have the orange one, aka Livewire.

Easily the least repulsive flavor of Dew I've encountered. To sum up the taste, take any orange soda, let's go with orange Faygo. Now dump an extra cup of sugar in it and you have Livewire.

Again much like Voltage, it's not bad, but it's mega-sugary taste is a huge turn-off for me. Any idiot can 'improve' a soda's flavor by just continuing to add sugar until the brain is shoved into a sugary coma and no longer cares about 'flavor.'

But out of the flavors of Dew-m I have so far ingested, Livewire is my pick of which to drink when a gun is pressed to my temple. I certainly won't seek them out on my own free will.

Coldie's Taste-O-Meter:
gulpgulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taste the rainbow.... OF PAIN!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will drink original MD, but there's almost always a better option.

I know to stay away from the licensed flavors, like Master Chief's Piss:

But I actually like LiveWire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
School starting soon! Better read a lot of 'fun' books now.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:

I drink it almost every morning on the way to work. My favorite by far was/is Pitch Black (the grape one). It was limited time, but man that was the stuff when going to work at 4 am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
I will drink original MD, but there's almost always a better option.

I know to stay away from the licensed flavors, like Master Chief's Piss:

Master Chief should probably be consulting his doctor. His piss is not a healthy color at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Miller
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my country we have only normal, original MD (which is one of my favourite drink)......

Well, we have very poor market in this matter (i compare to german), to US i don't even try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy_M wrote:
In my country we have only normal, original MD (which is one of my favourite drink)......

Well, we have very poor market in this matter (i compare to german), to US i don't even try.
You're really not missing out on anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Miller
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
Tommy_M wrote:

Anyway, i want to even have a chance to try. Let it be MY option to chose, not someone in marketing section of Pepsi, Coca-Cola (or other company).

For example i like vanilla coke - and we don't have it in Poland (ohh, i know one sore where i can buy it in my city - but i have to pay about 250%-300% price of normal coke - it's becouse vanilla coke is imported by this shop from Germany).

I know that polish market is not so big - we have less than 40kk people, but still i like lots of products that i have chance to try in other countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:

I drink it almost every morning on the way to work. My favorite by far was/is Pitch Black (the grape one). It was limited time, but man that was the stuff when going to work at 4 am.

Oh Pitch Black how I miss thee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Voltage is good stuff...and I have to admit I liked Master Chief's piss...damn here we go RSP...and yes line up now and make your jokes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy_M wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:
Tommy_M wrote:

Anyway, i want to even have a chance to try. Let it be MY option to chose, not someone in marketing section of Pepsi, Coca-Cola (or other company).

For example i like vanilla coke - and we don't have it in Poland (ohh, i know one sore where i can buy it in my city - but i have to pay about 250%-300% price of normal coke - it's becouse vanilla coke is imported by this shop from Germany).

I know that polish market is not so big - we have less than 40kk people, but still i like lots of products that i have chance to try in other countries.
Vanilla Coke Zero = Coldie's personal nirvana.

I love that stuff and NOBODY carries it unless I want to but 24 cans at a time. Sometimes I just want one.

Oh well, it is my cross to bear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.