Subject: Latest Edition's Rulebook has an Error, per Mayfair Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: errata [+] [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the latest edition of India Rails and noticed a discrepancy between the available loads on the stickers and the rulebook's listing/player aids. I emailed Mayfair Games customer service.

I am pasting their reply to my email, plus my email to them here:

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Egorjlileli
Cc: rulesguru@mayfairgames.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:02:10 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: Question about load chips for India Rails

Dear Customer,

I am sorry for the confusion, the rulebook listing is incorrect the sticker sheet has the proper proportions. As for the circus that is really there to fill the sheet more than anything as there are no rules for a circus in India, the option for additional income is the pilgrims. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kim
Customer Service
Mayfair Games, Inc.
847-677-6655

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 2:53 PM
To: custserv@mayfairgames.com; rulesguru@mayfairgames.com
Subject: Question about load chips for India Rails

Dear Customer Service and Rules Guru:

I just purchased the latest edition of India Rails and began placing the stickers on the load chips.

My concern is the discrepancy between the "Available Loads" listing included in the rulebook (copyright 1998, 2008) and the actual stickers included in the sticker sheet which reads: "India Rails, 2005".

My concern is that the # of loads be correct for the gameplay and not be too small or too large for the loads and locations involved for those loads.

These are the discrepancies I found in my copy:

Bauxite - Rulebook states 3 loads, stickers were included for 4 load chips
Corn - Rulebook states 3 loads, stickers were included for 4 load chips
Cotton - Rulebook states 3 loads, stickers were included for 4 load chips
Rice - Rulebook states 3 loads, stickers were included for 4 load chips

Imports - Rulebook states 4 loads, stickers were included for only 3 load chips
Machinery - Rulebook states 4 loads, stickers were included for only 3 load chips
Tea - Rulebook states 4 loads, stickers were included for only 3 load chips

Pilgrims - Rulebook states 5 loads, stickers were included for only 3 load chips

Circus - Rulebook mentions 2 Circus load chips, only 1 Circus sticker was included

Please let me know if it is OK to play with these discrepancies and that it does not negatively impact the gameplay and load distribution for the cities.

If not, then I would need the extra stickers that I am missing, specifically:
Imports - 1
Machinery - 1
Tea - 1
Circus - 1
Pilgrims - 2

Thank you very much!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In light of this, I created some files for BGG's India Rails gamepage.

First up, is a corrected Available Loads sheet/listing/player aid on Excel where you will be able to print 2 lists per page. Here is the link to the file.

Next up, I wanted to recreate an "Available Loads" and "Cities" sheet/player aid all on one (1) page similar to the ones included in the rulebook.

This is the current, INCORRECT sheet from the rulebook:

This is the sheet I created that has been approved: Here is the link to the file.

Happy crayon railing!!

Mrs. Mystery Bob
kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job, MMMB, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrs. Mystery Bob, I just noticed this issue, and you've already done the work to fix it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
Mrs. Mystery Bob, I just noticed this issue, and you've already done the work to fix it. Thanks!

And thank you, for the Geek Gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.