United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boodog wrote:
Mostly, I am trying to think of a way to make the battles proceed a bit quicker b/c not every opponent is a wargamer with patience.

If you're not a wargamer, why would you be playing this game? It works great as designed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Boodog wrote:
Mostly, I am trying to think of a way to make the battles proceed a bit quicker b/c not every opponent is a wargamer with patience.

If you're not a wargamer, why would you be playing this game? It works great as designed.

I agree. The rules to Fortress America are pretty clean already. I don't seen any need to tinker with it, and there is risk of damaging it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boodog wrote:
I was thinking of making it a bit more similar to Axis and Allies, where all the units roll at once, and the players get to choose the casualties on their respective sides,

Play it this way 10 times and I will bet that the US loses 85-90% of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly Jeff, this is an old school beer and pretzels wargame. It works great as is and moves rather quickly if everyone is paying attention. It isn't one I'd pull out for the family to play anyway.
Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Best way to speed the game is to have the invaders do just about everything simultaenously except for rolling the dice. Apart from the SW USA, it's pretty rare that any of the invaders' moves will impact each other. Just do those things in sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
TracerBullet wrote:
Boodog wrote:
I was thinking of making it a bit more similar to Axis and Allies, where all the units roll at once, and the players get to choose the casualties on their respective sides,

Play it this way 10 times and I will bet that the US loses 85-90% of the time.

It would hammer the USA player way too much.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with the FA ruleset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.