Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
One Lap Race With Four Beginners

I had played Formule De many times - Denise and Margaret had only played it two or three times. The transition to the new edition - Formula D - was dead simple and we experienced 'petrol heads' felt that the new dashboards were a great improvment over the original game.

For Rod, Miriam, Vida and Brad it was their first time at the wheel of a high-performance racing car.

I decided that, as the most experienced F1 pilot, I would start at the back of the grid. The other races randomly drew cards to decide the full make-up of the starting grid.

We were starting just after 7:00 pm and expected to have a two-lap race.

The start was fairly orderly with all cars making it off the start line. Vida, the pole position holder, took the lead straight away.

Vida lead the race for the entire race.

There was good dicing for the second spot. Three times I put my car into 5th gear, giving myself good chances to pick up a turn on the leader by getting into a corner quickly and each time the dice decided that I would fail. Consequently my car was getting a lot of wear points on the gearbox.

Margaret's car was involved in many potential collisions early in the race and soon was down to one chasis point and was then avoiding contact with other cars.

Denise and Miriam both drive sedately, so as not to do any damage to the cars and were way behind.

The race was taking a long time, and so at 8:30, with the lead car just coming out of the penulitmate corner, I made an executive decision to make the race just one lap in duration. This would allow us our supper break just before 9:00 and give us time for a different game after supper.

After having Brad, Margaret, Rod and myself dicing for second spot it turned out that Rod and I were able to get the jump on Margaret coming into the last corner.

Vida first, Rod second, just passing me coming out of the last corner, Margaret on turn back and then Brad. At the end of the race Denise and Miriam both had pristine cars that were ready for another race without any extra work by the pit crews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.