Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Hung
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game last Friday and played a few games. The first game featured my opponent developing IMPERIUM SEAT to takeover my REBEL PRIMITIVE WORLD. He ended up scoring 10 VP from the Seat, and gaining 5 VP from the Most Rebel Planets goal -- however, I still won with the help of the GALACTIC EXCHANGE, which gave me 10 VP and allowed me to consume x2 4 goods for 8 VP and 4 cards. This, coupled with opportune early leeching from the GALACTIC ADVERTISERS was enough to give me the victory.

A later (3p) game featured the new FIRST TO THREE UPLIFT cards goal, and I was dealt UPLIFT CODE and an UPLIFT world in my hand. I developed DROP SHIPS early, and started plopping down UPLIFT worlds like crazy. I also developed the PAN-GALACTIC LEAGUE, which meant every green UPLIFT world was scoring 2 VP + 3 for the CODE + 2 for the PGL = 7 VP. With 3 UPLIFT Windfalls and the CLANDESTINE UPLIFT LAB in my tableau, I ended up drawing 13 cards on Produce with the help of PAN-GALACTIC RESEARCH (with a hand limit of 12). I only called this massive Produce once, but the synergy of PGL and UPLIFT CODE was ridiculous and I won going away -- I believe the final count was 17 VP for the UPLIFT code (5 * 3 + 2 for the CODE itself) and 11 for the PGL.

The final game I played was 4p and I used a standard MINING CONGLOMERATE/ROBOTS/LEAGUE strategy to power my way to victory. Although, my conglomerate was balked at one point when my opponent played the PROSPECTING card that allowed him to produce a brown + a brown on another windfall. I wound up stealing the MOST PRODUCTION WORLDS and MOST BLUE/BROWN WORLDS goals from him later in the game, along with SETI + MOST EXPLORE POWERS to swing the victory. Unfortunately for my opponent, while he had REBEL ALLIANCE in play, I was not aligned with the IMPERIUM, so he could not takeover my planets to swing the MOST worlds back, but that seems to be one of the most powerful effects takeovers can have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.