Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vampire Game is a tougher than normal for evil werewolf game. There is only 1 evil that needs to be lynched in order for good to win. It is entirely possible that the game will already be solved at Dawn on Day 1. If the game would happen to end on Day 1, another game will immediately be started with new roles for everyone.

Unlike some previous games, there has not been a request by someone for this who wanted to be the vampire. I wanted to run one more game before I take my break, and I consider this series of games to be my best original game I've thought of. Although a bit more complicated, this game is fine for new players.

Link to game 1.

Link to game 2.

Link to game 3.

Link to game 4. First game with Renfield.

Evil:

Vampire: Each night can either kill someone or bite someone. Killing someone of course kills them. Biting someone will make the bitten player a tinker and will cause them to lose his/her voting power. The vampire cannot bite himself. Once per game, the vampire can bite someone to create Renfield.

Renfield: Once created, Renfield learns the vampire's identity and becomes evil. He is still a tinker, but still has his voting ability. Renfield does not count for parity for either good or evil. The seer or the doctor came become Renfield. If that were to happen, that role would lose its viewing power.

Good:

Once bitten, all good players are viewed as a vampire by the seer. They also will lose their voting ability, but they still count towards good's parity. Player's are not informed when/if they are bitten. The exception to this is Renfield.

Seer: Each night can look for the vampire. Views returned are vampire/not vampire.

Doctor: Each night can view a player to learn if he/she has been bitten. Views returned as yes/no.

8 Villagers

Role Reveal:

There are no role reveals during the game. You'll know that you lynched the vampire since the game will end. If Renfield is lynched, you will not be told the player was Renfield.

Tie breaker is LHLV.

Vote loss:

When a villager is bitten, his/her vote will not count for the rest of the game. The exception to this is Renfield. This will only become apparent when the vote leader is not lycnhed. For example:

jon - 3 - bill(1), sam(4), george(5)
sam - 2 - jon(2), peter(3)

Sam is lynched; therefore, you know that at least one of jon's voters has been bitten.

Victory Conditions:

Good wins by killing the vampire.

Evil wins by either achieving parity or when the it's impossible for the vampire to be lynched due to bitten people.

Night 0 actions:

The vampire bites someone.

The seer gets to pick his/her view.

The doctor gets to pick his/her view.

Order of night actions:

Vampire kill/bite.
Seer view.
Doctor view.

Deadlines:

This is not negotiable as it is the best time for me to manage dusk/dawn.

Lynch is at 7:00 am BGG time.

Night actions due by 12:00 pm BGG time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Last hoorah at modding for a while: Vampire Game 5.0, 11 players, starting 7-27
Player List According to Cassandra:
dcorrin
deborahjeanne
Gelatinous Goo
greek2me
jageroxorz
Kaldar
Khellendros
miraria
nyriv
residue
StatSig

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4234...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Last hoorah at modding for a while: Vampire Game 5.0, 11 players, starting 7-27
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I really, really suck at WW, so I obviously sign for a game with suckage, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
I really, really suck at WW, so I obviously sign for a game with suckage, right?

Well you should do fine at this because it's not WW, it's VP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*sharpens wooden stake*

I'm ready!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yaay! I thought this was a lot of fun last time. As long as no one minds that I can't make lynch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:
Yaay! I thought this was a lot of fun last time. As long as no one minds that I can't make lynch.

Hm....sounds.....

vampirish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if you become a tinker, you don't vote at all? Or you vote, and it doesn't count, and you and everyone else doesn't know?

And if you become Renfield, your vote still counts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
So, if you become a tinker, you don't vote at all? Or you vote, and it doesn't count, and you and everyone else doesn't know?

Once bitten, all good players are viewed as a vampire by the seer. They also will lose their voting ability, but they still count towards good's parity. Player's are not informed when/if they are bitten. The exception to this is Renfield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Renfield: Once created, Renfield learns the vampire's identity and becomes evil. He is still a tinker, but still has his voting ability. Renfield does not count for parity for either good or evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

Kaldar answered this already, but I thought I'd add something. The only way that you'll know the vampire has bitten you is if you are viewed by either the seer (you'll show as vampire) or the doctor (you'll show as being bitten). It's possible you'll be able to figure it out based on voting, but that's a little more difficult. Since you don't know that you've been bitten, you'll still vote like normal.

Renfield is the exception to this. When he is created, his alignment switches to evil. That player will learn who the vampire is, but is still a tinker (shows as vampire if viewed by the seer) and will show as bitten by the doctor. Yes, Renfield's vote will still count. However, Renfield does not count for parity for either side. If the final 3 is vampire, Renfield, and any good, then the vampire wins because parity has been reached with good. If Renfield is still alive with 5 players left, that is "must-lynch" time for the village.

Any good player can become Renfield including the seer or doctor. He doesn't have to be created at the beginning of the game either. The vampire can chose which night he is created.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
When should we start?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Next week (The 20th)
33.3% 3
As scheduled (The 27th)
66.7% 6
Voters 9
This poll is now closed.   9 answers
Poll created by riot
Closes: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Vampire Game 5.0; Game Full; Poll added
Normally I'm all for games starting early (today works for me sort of) but we are going camping on the 20th and I would have to drop.

Then who would you lynch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 20th and 21st are holidays here, so in all likelihood, I won't be around. I would prefer the 27th as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Introductions for experience/pronoun use.

dcorrin..............male 2
deborahjeanne...female? (not in profile) 113/16
Gelatinous Goo..male 4
greek2me........male 244/11
jageroxorz.......male 6
Kaldar............male 149/8
Khellendros.....male 20/5
miraria...........female 2
nyriv.............male 25/2
residue.........male 23/2
StatSig.........male 23

Seems a bunch of people get 15-20 games under their belt then try modding... Anyways 1/3 Newbies (including me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:
Introductions for experience/pronoun use.

dcorrin..............male 2
deborahjeanne...female? (not in profile) 113/16
Gelatinous Goo..male 4
greek2me........male 244/11
jageroxorz.......male 6
Kaldar............male 149/8
Khellendros.....male 20/5
miraria...........female 2
nyriv.............male 25/2
residue.........male 23/2
StatSig.........male 23

Seems a bunch of people get 15-20 games under their belt then try modding... Anyways 1/3 Newbies (including me).

Karmic!!! He doesn't know if I'm female..... (I probably didn't put it in the profile because it seemed obvious to me) what is 113/16?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
I'm guessing games played/modded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:

Same as last game we were both in. Userid...gender played_games/games_modded
I figure that most people know their own stats so the numbers would not be obscure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:

Karmic!!! He doesn't know if I'm female..... (I probably didn't put it in the profile because it seemed obvious to me) what is 113/16?

One can presume based on the name, but without profile backing it up it is just a guess. Actually I had thought for a second that you were my ex-wife, whose nickname was purple (LoriJean) as usernames don't need to reflect reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:

Same as last game we were both in. Userid...gender played_games/games_modded
I figure that most people know their own stats so the numbers would not be obscure.

You presume wrong. Some people pay no attention to the stats. I actually thought I was at around game 101.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorrin wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

One can presume based on the name, but without profile backing it up it is just a guess. Actually I had thought for a second that you were my ex-wife, whose nickname was purple (LoriJean) as usernames don't need to reflect reality.

Actually I do agree with you. I can safely assure you I am no-one's ex-wife, and that I would never spell Jeanne incorrectly like that, even to create a username.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.