Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Cooper
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a copy of Tinners' Trail by Martin Wallace. I am offering the following packages:

Either

1. Antiquity

Or

2. Betrayal at House on the Hill

Plus

Blue Moon the card game (Base game plus ALL expansions)

All of my games are in like new condition. Please geekmail me if interested. (I have other games for trade too!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrencooper wrote:
I am looking for a copy of Tinners' Trail by Martin Wallace. I am offering the following packages:

Either

1. Antiquity

you really want to trade away a $150+ game (Antiquity) for a game (Tinners's Trail) whose reprint is coming out this year?

and personally I think the reprint will be better as it fixes the money track, numbers the score spaces, etc....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great offer.

Because there is a reprint i would agree in the blink of an eye if I lived in the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Cooper
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,

Well apparently I undervalued Antiquity. I have received lots of messages and I'm sifting through them for the best offer. If you don't hear from me right away please don't get upset. Thanks.

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, the Blue Moon package is worth around $70 or so by itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who? Me?
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrencooper wrote:
Well apparently I undervalued Antiquity. I have received lots of messages and I'm sifting through them for the best offer. If you don't hear from me right away please don't get upset.

Don't feel like you're locked into making this trade happen. You could always reevaluate what you're happening up until the point you send/accept an official trade offer through the trade manager. Do what's best for you. I'm sure the folks will understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy of Tinner's Trail on Treefrog just sold on Ebay.co.uk for £120 which, at current exchange rates, makes that $195 !

As a limited print run of 1500 signed copies I guess it appeals to some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
kurmuzz wrote:
mrencooper wrote:
Well apparently I undervalued Antiquity. I have received lots of messages and I'm sifting through them for the best offer. If you don't hear from me right away please don't get upset.

Don't feel like you're locked into making this trade happen. You could always reevaluate what you're happening up until the point you send/accept an official trade offer through the trade manager. Do what's best for you. I'm sure the folks will understand.

Although some will invariably be upset that they couldn't "score" a lopsided trade like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferengi wrote:
As a limited print run of 1500 signed copies I guess it appeals to some people.

See the base posters follow up post... they undervalued their copy of Antiquity

$150 is a lot to pay for a signature of a game designer, for that price you could apply it to a Treefrog subscription and get more than one of his signatures.... (and more than one game )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang...didn't realize that Antiquity went OOP again. Glad I got it a year ago when it was $102!

Now if I could just get it on the table...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Antiquity drifts in and out of print, as most Splotter games do. I would be surprised if it will be impossible to get again at some point in the future. A first edition Tinners' Trail, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You people speak of "first editions" like they're rare books for cryin' out loud. They're not. THEY'RE JUST BOARD GAMES. The constant references to "editions" serves only to contribute to the inflation of an already pseudo inflated market. Example - the "expansions" that follow almost immediately upon the release of a new game. These games are initially - and deliberately - designed a step or two lower for release so that the "expansion" may be sold to bilk more.

The first step to end this nonsense is to stop elevating these board games - however good they may be in terms of board games - to the status of rare works of literature.

P.S. I have a first edition with dust jacket of Dylan Thomas's 24 Poems? Any takers . . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:
A first edition Tinners' Trail, though...

The graphic design of the 1st edition sucks (the money track, no numbers on every score track, etc).... from what I've heard of the 2nd edition the 2nd edition will be much improved. If you want to over pay for a 1st edition go ahead but myself I look forward to the 2nd edition!

Now there are some games where 1st edition is prefered over subsequent editions but that's not because they are "1st" editions but because of other factors...

Modern Art... mayfair 2nd edition is smaller and poorer quality

Hollywood Blockbuster... 1st edition has real actors/directors/movies/etc, the 2nd (and it sounds like the 3rd as well) have made up characterture names/faces

Atlantic Star... is good quality, maybe even a little better than 1st... but the 1st edition (Showmanager) has a theme folks prefer more

etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Cooper
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised by how much interest this thread garnered. I am glad to say that I made a deal I am very happy with, in the end trading all the games mentioned. The various posts have been interesting. I was glad to realize I could get just a tad more perhaps for Antiquity than I originally thought.

As it stands, I tried twice to get Antiquity played in my group and it became painfully obvious it was never gonna happen- that's why I was trading it. Thanks all!

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so is it a secret what the trades were? (what for what)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack W.
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I second Jeffy's thoughts. I'm curious what the trade was for. I promise not to comment, PM me if you'd like.

As this thread has gotten a lot of attention I feel compelled to try and hop into the Tinners Trail craze and offer my new in shrink copy up for trade. (Actually I have two...)

I'm hoping to get a BMW but all reasonable offers will be responded to. (Check out my wishlist/trade list, I'd love to work something out)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Cooper
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded all three games for 4 games in the Treefrog line- One of hwich was Tinner's Trail. For me it was a great deal as I had no real use for the games I traded away. Feel free to comment it won't offend me any way someone else feels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrencooper wrote:
I traded all three games for 4 games in the Treefrog line- One of hwich was Tinner's Trail. For me it was a great deal as I had no real use for the games I traded away. Feel free to comment it won't offend me any way someone else feels.

be easier to comment if we knew which 4 Treefrog games (well what the other 3 are )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.