Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Anderson
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
i only played the game once, so maybe i got something wrong, but wouldnt that be a good tactics:

1. Chose the player, that wins if he controlls 2 planets at some point.
2. Chose a planet with only 2 territories for start
3. In the First turn, jump to another planet with only 2 territories, and conquer all 2 of them
4. Build the air-defense tower. (As far as i remember, they can only mount ground attacks against you, if you have an air-defense tower, and ground attack is not possible, if you hold all the territories on a planet)

Now you have only 4 territories, but they are impossible to attack. You can try to expand further, but you still have a fallback-winning-trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
The air defence tower only protects bases and each player is only allowed one base per planet. So, half your planet will be protected (the part with the base) but the other will be open to attack since it only contains units. Then they can just land attack the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valtteri Pirttilä
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two weak points to this strategy:

1) A victory point win trumps a special objective win.

2) You got the rules wrong. You can only have a base in one area of a planet and only the base area is immune to attack. The second one is fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Anderson
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the answer, i had a feeling, i forgot something :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Player
United States
California
flag msg tools
elfstone0411 wrote:
Thx for the answer, i had a feeling, i forgot something
Plus if you're using the Brood War expansion, they can just build that one module that allows them to sacrifice a transport in order to land at the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.