Scarab Lords» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First game Blue domination then next game Red strikes back rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently picked this up and must agree this is an under-rated game. Lots of fun and great artwork and theme.

In our first game I played Blue and ended up dominating the board with 6(!) supremacies. My friend just gave up at that point because he couldn't stop me with his cards in hand of fulfilling the victory requirements on my next turn.

The second game was a war of attrition. My friend playing Red got some good cards early and ended up with both religious sectors taken early and holding them for the entire game. With my cards getting cursed regularly it was a tough situation but I concentrated on trying to get the military sectors and running him out of cards. The economic spheres were mine and locked up so didn't have any concerns there. Unfortunately my friend was able to retake one of the military sectors and I lost some powerful cards including gods.

I still managed to make it close but ended up being the first to run out of cards while my friend still had one card left in his deck.

It was a couple of good games and showed the nice balance between the two different decks.

While there is some luck involved in the game I think the fun factor is high and skillful play can go a long way to mitigating the luck although not completely of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.