Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
For the last few months, we've been flooded with emails asking about pre-orders for the new expansions for A Touch of Evil - 'Something Wicked, 'Hero Pack 1' and 'The A Touch of Evil Special Edition CD Soundtrack'.

We are excited to announce that the wait is over...Something Wicked this way comes! You can pre-order Something Wicked, Hero Pack 1, and the ATOE: Special Edition CD right now on our official Webstore. Pre-orders will ship out as soon as they arrive in August.

We are also pleased to announce that these items will be available at our Flying Frog Booth at GenCon Indy next month.

Pre-order quantities are limited, so don't delay. Here's the link: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok -got both ordered Shipping is rather high?
I'm in NJ not China?

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Babwe
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, $42.50 is little bit too much for shipping. (And I know it's not your fault.) I'll wait until Something Wicked and Hero Pack will land to Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some rough calculations and I think that the price including postage will only be slightly higher than I would be paying at my local game shop. There's the added bonus of the promos cards when buying from FFP direct, and I'm addicted to them so that's the only way I can keep feed my habit...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of these will be released on the same day?
If I pre-order all, one will not be delayed waiting on the other, in other words?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Babwe
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
I did some rough calculations and I think that the price including postage will only be slightly higher than I would be paying at my local game shop. There's the added bonus of the promos cards when buying from FFP direct, and I'm addicted to them so that's the only way I can keep feed my habit...cool

If I would order ONLY Something Wicked directly from Flying Frog it would cost me $39.95 for game itself, $42.50 for shipping and $18.14 for VAT (22%). That's pretty much... So I'll get it much much cheaper from French retailer when it'll land to Europe. If I'll order it from EU I don't have to pay VAT and shipping will be something like $10.
But I'm fine with that, I can wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All will be released on the same day. We ship everything as soon as we have it in stock, we don't wait to ship anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The VAT on top of shipping is definitely the deal killer for you. Hope you don't have to wait too long to find it locally.

I am actually buying all three items and the shipping is the same cost so it spreads the expense a bit (in my mind anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that shipping charge is insanely stupid. As William said, I'm in the US, not China. We're already paying retail cost and then much higher shipping then the online sellers charge is just insane.

Normally I've bought all my stuff direct but this time I just don't want to spend over $100 for just 3 expansions, 2 of them very small. Those promo cards aren't that awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like you guys in the US are paying almost as much for postage as the international cost. It's $42.50 to have it sent Priority Mail to Australia, what's the domestic charge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
That sounds like you guys in the US are paying almost as much for postage as the international cost. It's $42.50 to have it sent Priority Mail to Australia, what's the domestic charge?

$23.55. And that's just 2 states away. I recently sent a 9 pound box of poker chips using UPS for about $14. So certainly cheaper then what you are getting charged but still pretty high for here considering the distance.

But I don't mind waiting for it to show up at the online stores. I did a price comparison and save $33.17 buying from Thought Hammer. I won't get the promo cards but I think I've finally kicked the habit from chasing them. Since they are alt image cards its not a big deal if you don't have them.

Now I realize they are shipping priority mail but if they offered ground then people that don't mind waiting a couple days more wouldn't get hit so hard. Though for out of the US shipping I'm not sure what cheaper options there are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have loads of choices from the USPS for overseas Post... NOT!

First Class International is the cheapest (Hah!) and is not tracked or insurable. Priority Mail International Comes next and has tracking (sort of) and insurance is optional/

Shipping costs went through the roof from USA to Aus a couple of years ago. The service is no better. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Dill
United States
Magnolia
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's as I figured...friendly online game store here I come. $80.00+ delivered for an expansion and a lesser expansion. I'll miss the promos.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Ok, that shipping charge is insanely stupid. As William said, I'm in the US, not China. We're already paying retail cost and then much higher shipping then the online sellers charge is just insane.

Normally I've bought all my stuff direct but this time I just don't want to spend over $100 for just 3 expansions, 2 of them very small. Those promo cards aren't that awesome.

You took the words right out of my mouth: I, too, have just kicked my promo card habit, and I may have just kicked my Flying Frog habit.

Who makes the business decisions there? They're nuts! If I were to pre-order the three AToE expansions, plus throw in the Zombie Pilliage expansion and the AToE figures, then I'd be paying (with shipping) $122 US or $136.25 Canadian. In the times of a recession, with real estate values crumbling, ballooning government deficits, and less job security, this is a slap in the face. Ever hear of pacing yourselves, guys? Maybe a new expansion every three months? But no, gotta dump 'em all, and hey, buy now or you're going to miss those promos! To add insult to financial injury, they've already taken down the promos that were included with the AToE miniatures -- insane! What are they thinking?

Well, screw the promos.

I won't be buying any of these expansions from FFP, and I may not even get them when they're in my game store. Promo cards aren't that awesome, indeed, and neither is AToE.

I am so sick of these shady business practices. I had previously thought "and they'll probably come out with another 'extended' CD with four more songs that NOBODY wants and two promos to make people buy them." Well, hey, guess what's out! And the promos with the AToE minis. And once the Martian game is out, we'll have extended CDs and miniature sets with promo cards and big box expansions and small box expansions and with all three games combined we'll be on to a $500 per year gaming habit, for a "non-collectible" game.

Well, that's enough out of me. I've been a loyal FFP fan from the beginning and up till now, I've bought all their products. They've pushed me WAY too far with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like Flying Frog and want to have a complete AToE, but I don't see that happening, as the Hero pack is #1, which suggests there will be a #2. A complete AToE + Allies, Madness, multiple Hero packs, & Something Wicked is running about $150.

There is an odd psychological factor at work that surprised me. Once I realized I was not going to have the complete game, my interest in any of the expansions sort of evaporated.

FFP, given that any direct sales are 50% pure profit to you by circumventing the costs of the distribution chain, how about tossing a free Madness or Allies pack in with each Heroes or Something Wicked order? Since you have set the price at $10 for those, people will be happy to order direct and you will get direct sales + a throw in that costs you far less than $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
I like Flying Frog and want to have a complete AToE, but I don't see that happening, as the Hero pack is #1, which suggests there will be a #2. A complete AToE + Allies, Madness, multiple Hero packs, & Something Wicked is running about $150.

There is an odd psychological factor at work that surprised me. Once I realized I was not going to have the complete game, my interest in any of the expansions sort of evaporated.

FFP, given that any direct sales are 50% pure profit to you by circumventing the costs of the distribution chain, how about tossing a free Madness or Allies pack in with each Heroes or Something Wicked order? Since you have set the price at $10 for those, people will be happy to order direct and you will get direct sales + a throw in that costs you far less than $10.

I feel exactly the same way. Now that I know that I'm not going to be collecting this game, mentally, I've just let it go. After years of chasing LNOE promos, it feels pretty damn good, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've sorta started a new thread about this on AToE's main page at http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3692456#3692456 of anyone wants to join in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who are concerned about the shipping costs, I've heard you and have done some work on it. It looks like it is indeed having issues with combining shipping. Just like it has problems combining shipping with the game board sets. I don't know why this is the case and have found no way of fixing it except adding new items that have the items you want combined. I even tried signing up for UPS rates but they were charging more than the USPS rates, which in my experience is usually the case.

Here is for the Hero Pack 1 and Something Wicked together: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Detail.bok... and all the pre-order items (includes the CD) http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Detail.bok....

If you are purchasing more items than just the pre-ordered ones, you can you can either A) get a refund as soon as we can for excess shipping charges, or B) E-mail me at admin@flyingfrog.net and I can do a manual order for you with the proper shipping costs calculated. C) Buy the pre-order items and then purchase anything we currently have in stock separately. I will look over every last pre-order and we refund all shipping overcharges ASAP, credit card and paypal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos De la Torre
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im European. How much are the Shipping cost? (sorry my bad english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What shipping costs are to Europe will depend on what you're buying, but if you mean any or all of the new A Touch of Evil products, it will be $42.50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos De la Torre
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm if i want 'Something wicked', Madness Expansion, and 'The allies' expansion...how much is the total cost? (with shipping too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Beth Magallanes
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For two supplements and SW, it's still $42.50 and that's the cost the store is quoting as well. So the total cost would be $102.35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.