Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron Bell (aka bestbandis) allowed me to publish his Hexless Variant on CCAncients.net website.
If you are interested, you can find it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Those look more painful than just using a large hexsheet.

I suspect facing may slow the game down significantly, as well as the changes of formation.

I am considering building armies for DBA, and then from time to time using the elements (with hit markers, like fallen spears) as CC:A units. So you only need one base per unit instead for from two to four, which makes setup way fast!

One thing I like about DBA is how mcuh smoother some fo the campaigns play becomes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Just saw read thru the variant and thought it was brilliant.I was thinking of doing something similar myself as i like the look of tabletop miniatures wargames without hexes and i like the simplicity of c and c ancients ,so combining them is exactly what i'm looking for.The only difference is im going to eliminate the cards and have a more dba type of unit activation and add a couple more tabletop rules such as charges and arching fire.

The only thing im having difficulty with is coming into contact and what makes a proper contact.I dont particularily like the zone of control and linearity of the dba system but cant work out an alternative .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy you found them useful, Sam!
If you are going to setup your own modified rules, please let me know and I'll surely post them in "Variant" section on CCAncients.net website.
Alessandro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering how this could be accomplished, as I have a friend who is very into building miniature terrain and would love to use one of his battlefields with the CCA ruleset. Thanks for posting! Will be trying these out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.