Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Fist of the Dragonstones: EYAL, Alec, Art, Brad

This was a first play of this new game for us. Mechanics are basically blind bidding for the use of special powers, which generally give coins to help bid with, Dragonstones, or the ability to convert Dragonstones into victory points. A few special powers are scattered here and there, including a Witch, auctioned first each round, which allows the winner of that auction to negate the powers of any one other character auctioned later in the round.

Gameplay went fairly fast, although for some reason there was always an extended delay before we revealed the bids in our hands.

While the first few rounds was spend just seeing what could happen by all of us, we quickly settled down on a strategy. I went for a slow, one point at a time gain, while others seemed to prefer the stockpile and win in one turn strategy. In the end, the stockpile strategy won, although I am sure that the first few rounds of doing little would have helped the slower gain method if they were used to better purpose.

Alec and I like bidding games, so it was no surprise that we liked this. Eyal and Art seemed to also find it enjoyable to see the table every now and again. Everyone compared it to Citadels, even without me letting them know who designed it, but all (including myself) actually enjoyed it more than that game.

Final scores: Alec: 2, Art:1, Brad:1 (should have been 2, but for a misbid! Argh!), Eyal: 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.