Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty sure I have a 1st edition game and I heard there was errata, how do I get it?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have the conflict games edition as well as the GDW one but I'm not really aware of any errata. Quite a number of players have additions and houserules to change the game but that isn't really errata. Some of the common options include advanced ground combat with small maps of the planets. One such ground combat option was printed in Journal of the Travellers Aid Society (the GDW magazine), issue 3 I believe. I never really liked the detailed ground combat options.

Some houserules that I regularly use: Transports and tankers don't stop the jumping of enemy fleets, monitors can't travel by sublight between systems, the Imperial budget resets after each war. But the game is perfectly playable without them.

It is unclear if the counter set is a limitation, it isn't stated so in the rules. If it isn't then playing Imperium with unlimited ship type builds is a very different experience than limiting play to the existing counters.

THERE is a large amount of errata as well as a complete rules rewrite for the Avalanche version but that is in truth a different game with the same title and background.

Oh, and missle boats rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC I've seen GDW errata page(s) for this game. I am on the road on holidays, back home by first weekend of August. Please geekmail me then to remind me to look in my collection (I own all editions of this game) and see if I can find them. If so I'll scan them and upload to bgg, plus forward you folks a copy if desired.

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, definitely will do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
IIRC I've seen GDW errata page(s) for this game. I am on the road on holidays, back home by first weekend of August. Please geekmail me then to remind me to look in my collection (I own all editions of this game) and see if I can find them. If so I'll scan them and upload to bgg, plus forward you folks a copy if desired.

Gerry

Bump. That is, reminding myself to do this this weekend. Please ggekmail me, or bump this thread to remind me if I've forgotten.

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There are some minor things like mistakes in the examples.

The combat example in the original has a Terran CR missile intensive firing in round one, then has it fire again in missile combat on the next round. Doesn't work that way, of course. Intensive fire (1) gives the opponent first shot, and only get yours off if you live through it, then (2) doubles the missile combat factor but (3) means your missile combat factor is 0 for the remainder of that combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Driscoll
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have 2nd edition of GDW's Imperium, (C)1990. I just got into it after all these years. I was going to type up my own errata sheet (i.e. print my own rulebook with corrections in it) if one hasn't ben done for the game. Found five or more gotchas while reading the rules today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Blustar wrote:
I pretty sure I have a 1st edition game and I heard there was errata, how do I get it?

thanks

It seems that there is not an errata for it.

I posted my list of Marc Miller's rulings, remaining problems, and differences between 1st & 2nd Editions here at BGG, Forum, Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.