Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or is the map completely different?

Is this game salvageable with the fixes from AP or is this game beyond help?

What other similar game would you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not backwards compatible and I would look elsewhere for your fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, the Imperium map is the same, but the ratings of the ships are different. AP did an alternative combat system which is similar to the original. Best to try it and see how it plays.

As I recall, you can download the original GDW rules, and you can probably find the counter images online if you want to make your own set. Check eBay if you want to find a GDW edition game; they aren't that rare.

For similar games, GDW did a number of these point to point games. Only House Divided for the ACW is currently in print.

Dark Nebula (GDW Imperium system with exploration component and geomorphic maps)
A House Divided (Strategic American Civil War. Very nicely done.)
Attack in the Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge WWII. I haven't played it, but it's worth looking at if you enjoy the Imperium system mechanics.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Blanchett
Australia
Clifton Hill
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are fixkits about

have a look at (I think) www.io.com/~hcobb/i3m/

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No

2) No, and it's beyond any fixes.

3) Dark Nebula. Unfortunately it's out of print. Someday, hopefully, someone will reprint and expand the classic Imperium without making a hash job of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.