Subject: Dead Heroes and Turn Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Allen
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got together for about 4 sessions of this game the other night and an interesting ending occured on the last one. This may be more of a rules question than a session report, but I classified it as a session because the ending was so dramatic and funny.

We were playing the "Plague Carriers" scenario. Things were going extremely well for Billy, the Sherriff, Sam and Sally until the sun track reached about 6. Then it all fell apart for the next several turns. When the sun track reached 2, we had 2 plague carriers left with no hope of knocking them off by the end of the game. A couple of us thought we should just end the game now, as it was late, but the rest of the hard core members decided we should finish the game to give the zombie player the full pleasure of basking in his glory.

So, the next zombie turn, he moves the sun track to 1 and moves his zombies. The last 2 plague carriers on the board are drawn by zombie hunger to Sherrif Anderson at the center of town (at the well) and he is promptly dispatched. He becomes a zombie hero. We heroes are even more bummed about this and the zombie player is gloating over his apparent victory.

Here's where the interesting thing happens. At the end of the zombie turn (sun track still on 1), the guy who had the late sherriff pulls a new hero (Father Joseph), places him at the center of town where the plague carriers are and, per the rules (i think), draws 2 hero cards, 1 for starting in the center section and an extra one per the scenario rules. As luck would have it, he draws the Dynamite card and the "I'll See You in Hell" card. BOOM! Game over. Zombies lose.

Did we interpret the rules correctly? Is there any penalty for a newly "spawned" hero? All these questions were asked by the zombie player. I felt we followed the rules, although thematically having a priest materialize in the center of town with dynamite is a bid odd.

We all had a good laugh over the ending, but I would like to know if we did, in fact, make a mistake (not that this would ever happen again).

Any thoughts on the matter would be most appreciated.

Edit - I just realized that the "Plague Carriers" scenario is technically part of the Growing Hunger expansion. Oops. I apologize for any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it seems to be correct. We have had this before where aa player will respawn in the middle with a chainsaw and wreck havoc to the zombie player who was previously winning. Spawned heros take effect next turn so if the sheriff died on the zombie turn then father joseph gets to go like normally during his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great finish. A classic example of why you should play to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.