Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who's got this game want to say how it is? How does it compare to other PG games? More of the same or does the map and scenarios make this a game worth spending serious money on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Biosphere wrote:
How does it compare to other PG games?
It's heavier & more expensive... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a LOT of game in that box. Huge map and five sheets of fighting counters. I have just started soloing one of the scenarios so cannot really comment on the scenarios. It has been interesting trying to figure out how to get the Allies going. The German defense looks pretty thin, though. Should be fun if I can ever get time to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Larmer
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im interested also how this games goes, As Ive just purchased it and am waiting for it to arrivewhistle
Cant wait to unleash the mighty Maori battalion hoards on the Germanscool
R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep my eyes on these pages, i'd like to hear how the scenarios play out. I interested in how the scenarios will play if they are largely the Germans in defensive positions whilst the Allies try to break through sometimes uphill. I wonder if there is much room for manouevering. Time will tell as hopefully the dedicated PG crowd will post a few AARs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Landes
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red63 wrote:
Im interested also how this games goes, As Ive just purchased it and am waiting for it to arrivewhistle
Cant wait to unleash the mighty Maori battalion hoards on the Germanscool
R

Scenarios 12 and 13 focus on the Maoris while scenario 20 has them as part of a mixed force.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think this game is pretty awesome. I've played a scenario of breaching the Gustav Line, which was very interesting (and also included Maoris!), and am currently working on one with 2 Polish battalions trying to beat back German Mountain troops and Fallshirmjagers from the mountains behind the monastery, which covers one of the 4 mapsheets.

I'm especially taken with fighting in the mountains, as it's radically different from anything else in the series. Direct and indirect fire get -1 in the mountains, movement is 1 hex, and the named peaks, which grant units dug-in status automatically, all combine to give an interesting look at mountain warfare.

Also, while they're only in this scenario, it's a lot of fun to see mountain troops fighting in their own terrain. They're able to move 2 hexes, even their HMGs, which allows them to put up one hell of a fighting withdrawal, as they just move back to new named peaks as each one gets overwhelmed.

It's definitely pricey, but the oversized hexes, huge mix of nationalities and unique fighting situations (breaching a formidable fortified line, mountain warfare), and the campaign system make it well worth while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally managed to finish my first game (scenario one) and had a blast. Very tight scenario that could have gone either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.