Subject: Selling on ebay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Hanson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New here, and happen to be selling a couple of games on ebay. How can I get the auctions to sow on the BGG home page?

thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
Send all the BGG Admins at least $20/month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go the page the game you are selling. Look for the eBay icon. Click the word "Add" to the right of the logo. The name is already put in for you, just click "Go." Finally, check the boxes next to auctions to add them to the list of auctions. (PLEASE make sure that they are actually auctions for the right product!) And you're done. You'll even earn some geekgold for helping out.

Of course, this will get it on that game's page. It will only show up on the homepage if it gets "Hot." (Or if someone changes their default filter from Hot to "Recent" or "Ending.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
molitor4 wrote:
Send all the BGG Admins at least $20/month.

This advice, though highly suggested, is not related to the question.

joshp details the steps nicely! If the games you have an ebay are popular there is a good chance that someone has added the link to the auction for you already, but it never hurts to check to make sure.

Welcome to BGG!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hanson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hanson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Berry
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
joshp wrote:
Go the page the game you are selling. Look for the eBay icon. Click the word "Add" to the right of the logo. The name is already put in for you, just click "Go." Finally, check the boxes next to auctions to add them to the list of auctions. (PLEASE make sure that they are actually auctions for the right product!) And you're done. You'll even earn some geekgold for helping out.

Of course, this will get it on that game's page. It will only show up on the homepage if it gets "Hot." (Or if someone changes their default filter from Hot to "Recent" or "Ending.")

I'm new to BGG, and I thought I would try listing one of my auctions (for the Dilbert Corporate Shuffle card game). So I did all of what you recommended. The auction failed with no bids and no watchers.

This could mean that nobody is interested in the game, but BGG lists a bunch of folks as wanting it. Some only want to trade, but three people are listed as wanting to buy. Was my price too high for them? I don't think so; the starting bid was 99 cents.

So what am I doing wrong? Is there some way to make sure the "want to buy" people are aware of my auction? I considered sending each of them a message, but that seems kind of intrusive. As a BGG newbie, I don't want to annoy people. But I would like to find a home for this game.

Any advice from veteran BGG members would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have relisted the game on eBay and added the auction to BGG again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.