Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that I can limit my subscription on geeklists to only new items. This is useful for things like the essen canonical list as I can only receive new notifications when a new game is posted.

I'd like to see a similar feature in the forums. Often times the person who authors the thread will make an announcement, such as a designer announcing a new game. I don't always care what others think or what questions they ask, but I do want to know when the author replies with more information. I would love it if such a limit existed wherein:

if: reply userid = author userid;
then: send a subscription notification;

This way I would only receive new info if the thread author posted something new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That one's mostly already doable. You can subscribe to designers, or any other people.

Subscribe to your designer (make sure you do it on their designer page, not their normal user page), set your preferences to:

Thread:
Reply:
GeekList Item:
Image:
Item For Sale:
File:
Comment:
GeekList:

You'll get special notices whenever they post something new. Block entire games you don't care about if they have some you don't care about.

If it's just an "common" user, a bit more difficult in that you'll get lots of false hits as they post about normal things. In that case, subscribing directly to the thread they posted is the best thing.

Not perfect, as you'll get responses from us commoners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.