Popular Tags: [View All]
Omar Germino
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who have used the "axis and allies clone" program TripleA, I just discovered this on their site:

Quote:
Sourceforge got a DMCA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Ac...) takedown notice last night from Hasbro, asking them to remove the TripleA game.

Full details at http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/Forum#nabble-td3251158....

:(

I'm personally a bit saddened by its departure, and I hope that it does return, even if devoid of the official A&A games, since I enjoyed playing the user-created maps (and even trying my hand at making my own).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A real tragedy. TripleA is a great way to play AA online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
A free project that keeps people interested in the game is shut down.

Would love to hear Lawrence Harris' opinion on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That's a bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooooooo!!

I just hope the team behind TriplA will find a work around.

Seperating the map packages from the program might work. Magic Workstation has done the same for years with Magic: the Gathering. One download with the program, and one with all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Triple A in ages, so I guess it doesn't bother me too much. But it is sad :/ I remember playing a couple times... It's hard to find A&A players around where I live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever, I don't have to give up jack or sh1t and will continue to use TripleA as long as I can keep up with the installer.

"Cease and Desist" yourself, Hasbro! Make a good PC game for all A&A versions yourselves or STFU!!! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Martin
United States
CAMAS
WA
flag msg tools
designer
"...but only slightly less well known is this:
badge
...never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Triple A removed all references to copyrighted material and never missed a beat. Game is still available and fully updated, including scenarios for all of the latest released versions of a popular WWII strategy board game.

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Vodot wrote:
Triple A removed all references to copyrighted material and never missed a beat. Game is still available and fully updated, including scenarios for all of the latest released versions of a popular WWII strategy board game.

http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

That was some serious necro! When this subject came up in my subsription list, I though "oh no! not again!"..

Anyway it was probably good to end this thread with good (even if they are old) news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.