Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I played Titan (I own the valley game edition, courtesy of my awesome secret santa from last year). After playing my first match mustering even if I hadn't move (which turned the game into a mess) I now realize some insights. I also read the great DaviddesJ article and some strategy posted down here. Bearing that in mind, I am now posting a gaming session I had at Colossus that allowed me to play really aggresively. (I got REALLY lucky) however, I'd like to see any major/minor flaws and/or things pros would have done differently. I am planning to do more of these, so this is just a "food for thought"

Without further delay, here it is:

I started on Tower 400 and did the Gargoyle Split. Angel Stack has centaur/centaur/angel/gargoyle and Titan Stack has Ogre/Ogre/Titan/Gargoyle. Until Split, Angel stack is gonna be the A-Stack and Titan Stack will be T-Stack. Opponent started on Tower 300.

Turn 1: Opened with a six. I love six . A-Stack hired a Lion in the plains (29). T-Stack hired a Warlock in the Tower (100). Went to hunt down his T-Stack (sitting on Woods 2)!

Turn 2: Rolled a six (again!) I could attack his T-Stack (Titan,Troll, centaur, centaur, ogre,ogre) with my T-Stack (ogre/ogre/titan/gargoyle/Warlock) but instead went for Tower 200 and hired another Warlock. A-Stack moved to desert (35) and hired the second lion.

Turn 3: Third six in a row. Don’t know if the game is bugged but decided to continue anyway. Never happened before.! Got back to tower 100 and into opponent t-stack range (he was at hills 4). My own A-stack standstill.

Turn 4: Titan Stack now with Triple Warlock went for the headhunt. Didn’t split. Rolled a 2 and went to chase opponent at Marsh 140. I stopped at Swamp 142. A-Stack hired a gargoyle and stopped at brush 31. I thought that was a much better position. Besides, I could split next turn since I was out of range.

Turn 5: Used DaviddesJ knowledge of "have plains/non-plains critters". Kicked both centaurs off the party. Now I have a Garg/Garg/Lion/Lion/Angel and a double centaur stack. Opponent rolled a one so I guess I will be able to hunt him down. And rolled a 3! Exact count to engage him. Battle will go into desert. Angel Stack went to plains 34 and hired a ranger.

Round 1: Shot Ogre at B-3 With Warlocks. Got 5 damage. Opponent Strike back with Centaur at my warlock and with an Ogre netting two damage one on each.

Round 2: repositioned to protect my warlocks and let Ogres take damage.

Ogre at c2 attack centaur , no hits. Warlock at d2 and d3 rangestrike the titan with one damage going through for each. Warlock at d4 kill ogre. At his turn, his centaur kills my ogre and I strike back for 2 damage.

Round 3: Went all in. Warlock gets lucky and Kill his Titan, game over!

I will surely try to do another report , hopefully with a longer game where more difficult decisions arise. Also, I hope this encourage some of the pro players to do some reports that we can study !

PS: I know I should have allowed one Ogre to be killed to summon my Angel, my bad :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.