Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Deja Vu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this like the other Warhammer Fantasy ccg that came out a few years ago? I hope this card game is complete and playable without having to dish out streams of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't be the same--different company, and it isn't a CCG--its an LCG, meaning the boosters aren't random and you buy the entire expansion set at once, if you want it.

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Diis wrote:
Won't be the same--different company, and it isn't a CCG--its an LCG, meaning the boosters aren't random and you buy the entire expansion set at once, if you want it.

Diis

Isn't a LCG just a card game that didn't sell well as a CCG and is now being repackaged? Game of Thrones and Call of Cthulhu come to mind (surprisingly also by Fantasy Flight).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Diis wrote:

Diis

Isn't a LCG just a card game that didn't sell well as a CCG and is now being repackaged? Game of Thrones and Call of Cthulhu come to mind (surprisingly also by Fantasy Flight).

They both sold very well, and were supported for much longer than the average ccg. Its just a change in the distribution format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous warhammer CCG focussed on army v.s. army combat, the preview information for the new LCG says the game is about empire building, resource management and exploration, so it definately sounds like an entirely new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we can only hope for the best. There are so many CCG/LCG on the market and unless the game produces something inovative/easy to play (not endless reading material on the cards) and is not just a money grabber it might have a chance to succeed. I know for one, I don't want to get caught up in the MTG loop of no return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can count on this being a money grabber have you forgotten what company your dealing with. The only positive side I see about this game concept is that Fantasy flight is doing it. I'm guessing the game could be similar to knizia's Blue Moon game which also was an LCG. Just because GW claims it's not going to be army against army doesn't mean they are not just putting a new twist on the same game, armies vs. realms just a broader scope on the same idea. Unfortunately, LCG's haven't had big followings, and knowing GW if the game doesn't catch on right away they will more then likely not support it for very long. We will have to wait and see but I won't invest any of my coin into the game until it has a few months under it's belt and has a following.
I have to agree with James, GW and CCG/LCG sounds like a sure fire money hole to me.
Just my opinion. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is made by FF Games and the other CCG was made by ?who?

Well, the FF guys surelly know what they're doing and I trust them since they came with some of the best BGs out there, and with the new LCG experience (CoC and aGoT)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xscreamist wrote:
You can count on this being a money grabber have you forgotten what company your dealing with... Just because GW claims it's not going to be army against army doesn't mean they are not just putting a new twist on the same game, armies vs. realms just a broader scope on the same idea. Unfortunately, LCG's haven't had big followings, and knowing GW if the game doesn't catch on right away they will more then likely not support it for very long.

Except of course GW have almost nothing to do with it. They've just given a licence to FFG to use their background in board/card/roleplaying games.

The LCGs for Call of Cthuluhu and Game of Thrones from FFG are doing pretty well as far as I know. So the game is at least in good hands.

If anything, from the description of the game it almost sounds too complicated. An Army vs Army game is surley the best idea for a Warhammer card game, all the various zones, quests etc. mentioned make me think the game will end up fairly diluted. But still I'll probably buy the core set to give it a go.

Secretly I dream of a WFRP card game, where you get to control rat catchers and fight cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight makes great games but I don't want to buy a game just because Fantasy Flight produced it. I will wait and see what the reviews are once Warhammer Invasion has been out for awhile and see what others have to say about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I have played the game with sample playtest starter boxes and it was fun right off the bat with no customization, the game flows nicely and is not to hard to learn, I can't wait to get some of the actual cards and start introducing it to my friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.