Subject: Going out with "Discard All" ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know why this has never come up before, but I can't see it in the rules and it came up the other day. If a player only has cards of the same colour, can they throw out a "discard all" and win the game, without ever having to declare "Uno!" ?

Perhaps the rules just didn't cover this and it's up to us to pick our own house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I've always played it, although I couldn't say whether that's the official ruling or not. But logically, when you play a Discard All, the rest of the cards of that color come down at the same time, leaving you with none at the end of your turn. And since you only say UNO when you end your turn with ONE card in your hand, it therefore follows that skipping straight to zero annuls the obligation to announce UNO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm interesting, could become a sneaky tactic to build up lots of cards of the one colour and suddenly go out. (I suppose that might already be a tactic, I've never thought much about it before)

In the absence of any specific rules to the contrary, I guess it's ok, but I've known other (unrelated) games to have special rules to the effect that even if you are able to go straight out, you must go through the standard "warning" phase before being allowed to go out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.