Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a VERY hard time trying to identify which units are in a given scenario.

This is my first attempt at this game and I am attempting to set-up one of the introductory scenarios for Chancellorsville Zion Church

For the Union I can see some Sykes units, there are five of them. The scenario set-up indicates to use the 2/V infantry and artillery. If the Sykes units are labelled 1/2/V does that mean it is the second 2 that they are referring to? (which would indicate that all 5 Sykes units are in play?

Further, which artillery would you use? 2/V under Weed?

Thanks in advance for the kind soul who helps me out here.

P.S. So what does the readout at the top of the counters indicate for infantry? 1/2/V 1st Brigade/2nd Division/5th Corp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right on the top line of the counter; it identifies units by brigade/division/corps. Just below that, and still in the colored band at the top of the counter, is the division commander's name. So you'll want the five infantry counters that list Sykes as the division commander. From them we can see that Sykes commands the 2nd division of V Corps, so you'll need the 2/V artillery counter, which is indeed the Weed unit.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent Michael, yes that helps.

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome! Enjoy the game. I have all three Glory games and they are all very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.