Eric Humrich
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a contradiction in the rulebook what happens to mercenaries that die:

Page 10, Pay Mercenaries:
"Return all allied Mercenaries to their home player fully healed and with their currently attached cards (even if they died or joined another party)."

Page 10, Hire Mercenaries:
"If the mercenary died during the raid, it is returned to the original player alive at the end of the turn with all cards it had attached at the time of death, and enough wounds such that one more would kill it. Otherwise, it returns to its owner at the end of the raid, with any effects that happened to it (i.e. wounds, curses, lost attachments) remaining."

Page 14: Dead Characters:
"If the dead character is a mercenary borrowed from another player, return it to that player with all items still attached and one hit point remaining."

So are mercenaries fully healed when they return? Or do they keep their wounds and in case of death only heal back to 1 life remaining?

Also the sequence in paragraph "Dead Characters" on page 14 suggests that you add another character to the Inn when a mercenary dies, even if he doesn't stay dead. I think this should be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question over on the AEG Tomb forum.

Slacks (one of the developers) answered that the 1st paragraph you listed (p10, Pay Mercs) should have been removed from the rules. So the intent is that Mercs get paid in XP tokens only, and wounds are not healed, and Mercs that die in combat get returned w/ 1HP remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bond
msg tools
mbmb
Ignore the End of Turn and Dead Character sections regarding Mercenaries. Just use the Hire Mercenaries section in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Sand
Denmark
Ishøj
Select a State or Province
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty significant change. I'm surprised it isn't included in the official FAQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.