Subject: The Hell of Stalingrad at Historicon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
For anyone who is going to be heading to Historicon this week, stop by one of our tables. Team Stalingrad will be unveiling our new miniature system for use during the miniatures convention!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Stock
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure to post some photos. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
You got it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
THoS was in evidence all over Historicon. New purchasers were breaking out the game throughout the day even while miniatures games were in progress, and several were running in various corners in the evening.

A demo game using 3D terrain and miniatures to spice up the action was also being hosted, and many participants ended up buying the game.

Ed Wimble (Clash of Arms) told me that 50% of those who'd participated in demos at the game's debut purchased a copy at that con and CoA received more orders the next week from people who'd intended to buy but didn't get around to it.

This one looks to be a very hot seller and well-received.

I got my first look at the production version at H'con. Graphics are outstanding and production quality is 'way up there. The cards are very sturdy and will stand up well to repeated plays, the counters are clean, sturdy and very attractive and the large cards/location components are equally satisfying.

Despite the substantial price ($65 retail) I have to say that I think buyers get their money's worth, both in components and in playing satisfaction.

I won't be surprised if this one sells out the initial print run within a few months and has to be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Wow!

Jeff, Alex, and I just returned from three frenzied and wonderful days at Historicon. It was incredible how well The Hell of Stalingrad was received.

I am so grateful to be involved in this hobby, the people are amazing. I love getting out to a convention and meeting everyone face to face. It is striking to me just how intelligent and sincere board/miniature gamers are. Talking with members of the community has become my favorite part of the job.

At the end of the day, it is the personal interaction that you remember and makes the entire experience worthwhile!

Pictures from the event are being uploaded!

- Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Barry Kendal Wrote:

-> Despite the substantial price ($65 retail) I have to say that I think buyers get their money's worth, both in components and in playing satisfaction.

Thanks for the kind words Barry. A few people have commented on the price. Just so that you know the full story, The Hell of Stalingrad was printed entirely in the United States. Not only does keeping it local help us maintain quality but by having the game printed here we are supporting US print shops which have been hurt by the recession and helping keep jobs in the US.

I am thankful that the game has been well received and so many people have seen the extra value they receive. Every effort was made to cram as much playability and fun into the game as possible!

Extra scenarios and expansions will be posted so that we are constantly providing as much extra value as possible!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.