Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One idea I had is to reward the first and second player to reach a certain age. My first thought was to give the following rewards:

Classical: 1st 3 pts, 2nd: 1 pts
Heroic: 1st: 5 pts, 2nd: 2 pts
Mythic: 1st: 7 pts, 2nd: 3 pts

When people trade favor for victory cubes, they can pick up cubes in theses rewards.

Still there is some problems with this mechanic and this is why I want some comments:

1. It requires 21 additional cubes which could be hard to get for some people.

2. The person who get first place in classical age is likely to get first place in heroic too which make it likely to get 1st place in mythic. So it creates a run away leader problem.

----------------------------------------------------

So maybe instead of giving rewards, I thought of giving penalties for not reaching an age. If at the end of the game you did not reach the mythic age, you lose 1/3 of your victory cubes for each missing age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Feh, you don't really need extra cubes. Poker chips work great as a substitute. I like the idea of the VP reward for age ups. I'd do it as a one-off lump sum. IE doing the Age up gives you an immediate reward in VP. To encourage people to be first you could give whoever is first extra VP so whoever is first to Classical gets 2 VP instead of 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
Feh, you don't really need extra cubes. Poker chips work great as a substitute. I like the idea of the VP reward for age ups. I'd do it as a one-off lump sum. IE doing the Age up gives you an immediate reward in VP. To encourage people to be first you could give whoever is first extra VP so whoever is first to Classical gets 2 VP instead of 1.

Your reference to poker chips has inspired me to include some in my copy of AoM to function as Next Age tokens.

Red - Classic Age
Blue - Heroic Age
Green - Mythologic Age

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe... I started using chips just because they're easier to handle. heavier and larger, but easier to handle.

glad you like the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.