Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Cornwell
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi there,

Once the jihad revolts start is there any way the AP can win? It seems that they can't be extinguished as they can keep on getting an RP every turn forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is certainly possible to win despite Jihad Revolts. The more revolts the more difficult the win, a lone Central Asia unit is much less of a problem than the full-scale Indian Mutiny.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/418956 is a concise account of one of my games in which, despite triggering the Indian Mutiny, the Central Powers still lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
rcornwell wrote:
Once the jihad revolts start is there any way the AP can win? It seems that they can't be extinguished as they can keep on getting an RP every turn forever.

It's correct that you cannot quash a Jihad revolt; they will keep rebuilding with their own RPs. But you are in no way required to fight them in order to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, the only real way to defeat the Jihad units is to keep them out of areas you care about. They can always be replaced, but as long as they're not controlling the VPs it doesn't really matter. That's why the Central Asian Rebellion is more threatening late game than the Egyptian Revolt. The Eygptians are very weak and would have trouble mounting an effective assault upon even a lightly garrisoned space in Egypt (which is one good reason for keeping the Senussi till late in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cornwell
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've kept going, but it looks like I'm going to collect the full collection of revolts as it looks like the Indian Mutiny is about to happen!!

Oddly enough, the VP count is only 10 as I've been clearing away some of the temporary Turkish gains.

Still looks grim. I feel a bit like Monty Python's Black Knight! He has a bit of a dilemma as he has Parvus (I played Lawrence this turn), but if he plays it some Limited War cards will get buried (its turn 5) as it takes him to Total War. Interesting choices eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.