Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
So who else went to HP last night? I'm running power tools on three hours sleep - woo hoo!

I think this was my favorite movie so far. As mentioned in Toggy's thread the other day, I am only mildly a H Potter fan, but having come this far with the franchise I am invested now, so off to the midnight showing last night we went.

I don't tend to knock the book-to-movie standard rant too much - books are books and movies are movies. And I think the Potter books are good juevenile fiction, but flawed. (Quidditch? What the hell is that? Its not even a good team sport!) But as family entertainment I have enjoyed the movies very much. My only disappointment/criticism of Half-Blood is I think they glossed over the importance/significance of the Horcruxs too much. But overall I thought the movie balanced well the kids relationships and the descending darkness of evil forces. Four of Five thumbsup!

OK - sound off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I will have to watch it this weekend, girlfriend is a huge fan and she has demanded my presence.

I have a problem with my girlfriends, I hate Harry potter, but all my last ones love it, and I had to watch all but the 5th with them on the premiere. Someone save me!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen it yet but will on Friday evening. Good to hear you enjoyed it.
The Horcruxes always seemed awkward in the way they were revealed in this book. I'm not surprised they glossed over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was alright. Really funny, but they missed some major opportunities both to tie in the title with the actual movie and set up for the next two. In fact, they really didn't do the latter very much at all which makes me think they are going to be changing a lot of small details when splitting Deathly Hallows into two. Ultimately it was an enjoyable movie, but in light of the fact that Book Six is my favorite it was also disappointing. I'm not a big fan of Yates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:
As a result, we get this rather odd scene where Ginny, Ron and Hermione all tell Harry he must get rid of the Half-Blood Prince's Potions text. Why? Because it's making Harry too good at Potions? WTF?

I didn't find that "get rid of it" scene that awkward, since it happened:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
After Harry had used Sectumsempra to maul Malfoy, and realized what exactly he had DONE!

IE, I got that they weren't telling him to get rid of it just for the potions at that point, but because who knows what else nasty stuff is in there.

Of course, in the book, there's a lot more depth to them trying to talk him out of it (part of it being Ginny and her prior experiences with evil books).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.