Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a car nut. I go to several car shows every year. I build model cars. I purchase and read car magazines and books. My personal hot rod is rather uncommon, a 1959 Volvo PV544. Very rarely do I get to see one in a magazine. I only know of about six movies that show my particular vehicle. So it was with particular delight that I discovered my car in a game the other day. Thus it lead to my posting of the GeekList My car is in a game! I thought for sure that with the thousands of active geeks here, at least a few of them would have something cool and slightly more common like a Corvette or a Mustang, both of which are featured in at least a couple games. Maybe it was the fact that I posted the listed on a Saturday night (Pacific time), which I've noticed is kind of a quiet period. Maybe nobody has seen it yet. At least that is what I'm hoping. If you do have a car that happens to be in a game, feel free to add it to my otherwise sad list. Otherwise, I will just sit back and enjoy the fact that I am unique amongst the geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive - good luck with the list! I'm pretty sure my Scion Tc will not be appearing in a board or card game anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
paradoxes wrote:
Impressive - good luck with the list! I'm pretty sure my Scion Tc will not be appearing in a board or card game anytime soon.

Yeah, sorry....My Altima is pretty functional, but not really game-worthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to design a game around a 2002 Corolla CE, I'll buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
A '59 is a little late for a rat rod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james browning
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'd join the list if there was a game about an old '88 Ford F150 breaking down every time you turn around and costing you most of your annual gaming budget to keep running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't found a single person in the UK that knows what a Toyota Aristo IS, let alone putting one in a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a game somewhere with a 1991 Mazda Miata in it, but I haven't found one yet. I'm not much of a car person anyway, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, drive a Volvo, and I love it dearly... but it's a 2005 S80 sedan, very ordinary-looking and unlikely to be picked as the "cool car" in any situation, much less a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Martin
England
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scion Companion

Altitude

Corona

Monopoly: Ford 100th Anniversary

Chad: The Toyota Wars / Aristo

MiaTa-Se

The Sedan Campaign, 1870

You boys weren't trying very hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisjwmartin wrote:

Haha excellent! You gave me a definite ??? moment until I looked at the links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually own a Ford Mustang, but it's a 2001 V-6 SE, not a GT or Cobra, which are the models usually portrayed in games (board or otherwise). Now, when I get that 2010 Shelby GT500, then I'll go looking for a game with my car in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
I don't think my car's in a game, but I do consider myself a car nut. I own a 1927 Model T Tudor that I'm in the process of restoring. The car is going through a complete engine/tranny rebuild and should be done by the end of the month. Yeah! I subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car magazine and used to be a member of both the Model T Club International and Model A Club of America - I was a member of the latter for ten years and didn't even own a Model A.

I'm mostly into building 1/144 model planes and figure kits, though I have begun collecting some 1/32 brass era cars (Pyro and Lifelike). You can see some of my planes at http://www.flickr.com/photos/30794229@N02/sets/

Alex Trant is going to produce one of my scratch-built U-2s. Here's a link to the plane http://airalex.homestead.com/U2SPYPLANE.html

Cars are a fun hobby. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Infomanohio wrote:
I actually own a Ford Mustang, but it's a 2001 V-6 SE, not a GT or Cobra, which are the models usually portrayed in games (board or otherwise). Now, when I get that 2010 Shelby GT500, then I'll go looking for a game with my car in it...

There is Monopoly: Mustang, which I believe does have your body style, if not the exact model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Kelsey wrote:
I own a 1927 Model T Tudor that I'm in the process of restoring.

Monopoly: Ford 100th Anniversary shows a photo of a Model T Phaeton. It looks to be an early model, not a '27. But still, it is closer than many of the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kelsey
msg tools
You're probably thinking of the "touring." The open car Model A's were called the Phaetons. (sorry to be technical there). Ford came out with five cars in 1927, the last year of the T: Pickup, Touring, Tudor, Fordor, and the Coupe.

Hmmm...that might be a game to get just because I like Fords...then again, will my wife let me get another Monopoly game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.