Popular Tags: [View All]
P Duggan
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the Soviets in this one, intrigued by the YAK-7 on the board and the numerous infantry. I also have found better success with NOT giving myself a psychological advantage first time playing a side. Or I think I have! (Its harder than I think to psych myself out. Or is it?)

My card draws at first were pretty good, and my opponents were not so great. All he had to play was a Recon Center his first turn.

I started with a Barrage on the Left flank Artillery, which killed it, fortunatly taking away a tool to use in cracking my Left flank (which was not attacked. I played a Move Out next that took my center infantry up towards him and killed at least 1 unit and wounded another.

He was able to draw his tanks in from behins about turn 3 or 4 with an Assault Center, and then a Armor Assault killed many of my units. I had Assaults and then a Probe on the Right that got my artillery going. The Assault Right was particulalrly nice because he had retreated my Center artillery already to the centerline hex where the Ass. Right could activate it. I pounded his tanks nicely, though the "retreat towards the German line" rules made things look wonky.

His die rolls were bad with his final card, a Move Out that didn't kill more than 1 of my infantry, and then my Probe Center risked an Ambush (not played, but I was worried) to kill his a 1 figure tank unit.

My plane took off early on and interdicted his infantry, but didn't do too much else.

Fun Game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.