Matthew Calhoun
msg tools
I won pretty handily as the OL last night by doing this on quest 3 in the original quests, but im pretty sure it was a broken play so its probably not allowed and I just couldn't find anywhere in the rules that says I cant do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p. 13, under "Doors," where it says "Important: Monsters cannot open any door leading to an unrevealed area."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
However, monsters can open and close doors to areas you have already been in (or had the OL read from). As an OL, I will have a monster close a door if I have a "door trap" card in my hand to play.

Another strategy that I see (but have not used) is to shut a door so that the OL can spawn monsters on the other side.

On mission 1, area 2 has two doors leading in to it. If the heroes went to area 2 through area 3, I might have some monsters open the door between area 1 and 2 to go around back and attack the heroes from behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, however, that only NAMED monsters can open/close rune-locked doors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.