Subject: Three things that annoyed me this weekend (travel edition) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
1. Innies that should be Outies - If you cannot hold your bladder for a 90-minute flight that departs at 0600, perhaps you shouldn't take the window seat. Not that I could sleep much anyways, what with your insistence on keeping the window shade open...

2. Entomologists - Before and during takeoff, same passenger droned endlessly about various insects to the women sitting between us who was not only too polite to not ignore him, but asked probing questions. Seriously, get this guy an insects.geekdo.com.

3. Jaywalking slowpokes - I always have this problem in San Francisco, whereby the slowwalkers I passed seconds ago insist on squeezing past me and crossing before the light changes (to make up time for their slowness, I guess). I then have to wait for an opportunity to pass them again, the delay causing me to be delayed at the next intersection, and repeat endlessly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
What a bunch of jerks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, I have travel edition comments - 3 things that annoy me and they all concern planes - wonder why I hate flying?!

1. Someone on the plane threw up on the previous flight and there are still flecks of vomit on the back of the seat in front of me (ie, the person puking was in my seat! gulp )

2. I once noticed the distinct odor of urine eminating from the elderly gentleman sitting next to me on the plane. When he stood up about halfway through the flight, his diaper was leaking - urine has soaked through his pants on both sides of the plastic panties and the seat was soaked. My biggest concern besides the overwhelming odor? They don't clean seats between flights, so the next lucky passenger was going to sit down and viola! eau de toilet!

3. I obediently stored my purse under the seat in front of me for take-off. Some ignoramous had spit out gum there and I didn't see it. I pick up my purse after take-off and get gooey gum all over my lap. purse, and hand before I realize what's happened. And I'm on a plane, so trying to go clean up in the 2' x 2' restroom is almost impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:

2. Entomologists

...I'm an entomologist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
1. Innies that should be Outies - If you cannot hold your bladder for a 90-minute flight that departs at 0600, perhaps you shouldn't take the window seat. Not that I could sleep much anyways, what with your insistence on keeping the window shade open...

The same thing in movie theatres. If you are going to get up 2 or 3 times to go pee, buy popcorn, make a phone call, whatever.......sit on the end.....not in the middle!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
sisteray wrote:
What a bunch of jerks.

You must have confused this with my List of Folks Who Should Be Executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am never getting on another airplane.

I've always wondered what would happen if you went onto a plane, and did something like, say, leave a large bolt in the aisle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mndwrm wrote:
...I'm an entomologist.

Sorry, didn't mean to bug ya...

nyuk nyuk nyuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine is a steward, and it is not infrequent on international flights that people will poop outside of the toilet rather than wait for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.