Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the original attack and the original expansion, so I ordered the "upgrade" kit directly from Eagle. One of the things that was supposed to change was the naval combat to use "naval dice". I opened the box and could tell instantly there were no dice in the upgrade kit box.

I was in the process of sending a message to them when I went back to the shipping box to look for the packing slip... and there wasn't one. Digging around in the peanuts (there were a lot of them) I did encounter something unexpected: a wrapped set of dice hiding in a corner.

So, if you got the upgrade kit, *don't* throw away your packing materials without fishing the dice out of them first! Strange that they weren't in the actual game box, but at least they were there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Upgrade Kit doesn't link to this game, but this was also talked about here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/422878

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I was moving the box to the trash when I heard something bang around in the box. I searched through the peanuts and found the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to actually contact Eagle Games before finding out about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you actually played the game yet and if so, how did you like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it yesterday and it was a blast. First time I've played in a year (playtested it back then). Did anyone else get a copy of the Eastern hemisphere map in their upgrade? I'm trying to figure out why that was needed in the upgrade kit if its intended for use with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_andel wrote:
Played it yesterday and it was a blast. First time I've played in a year (playtested it back then). Did anyone else get a copy of the Eastern hemisphere map in their upgrade? I'm trying to figure out why that was needed in the upgrade kit if its intended for use with the expansion.

How long was your game and how many players did you have? Which Govt Type won?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ty church
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I played last wednesday with a friend to test it out. he was fascist and i was a commie. It was a great game in the last year i pulled ahead and took over a large part of his continent(africa), and won by about 10 points

It was a great game and can hardly wait to play with 4 people on wednesday! Thanks for improving it i loved the originals but i cant beleive it got better with deluxe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys,

Sorry about the small issues with shipping the kit.

Answer #1 : the dice were not inserted in the web kits from the factory, so we had to manually add them to the boxes.

Answer #2 : the extra game boards we ordered WERE inserted in the web kits, and rather than manually remove them and re-shrink them, we just shipped them out to you guys rather than delay the game a month.

Canada and overseas orders should all be in route now, so rest assured!

We still have a few hundred web kits left, but the full game is now sold out at distribution level!

We will have another run of the game arriving in a month or so, and hopefully nobody will even notice it is sold out. (distributors and stores are just now getting them, and they need time to sell still, so If you are having a hard time finding it, check out your flgs!)

1 more bit 'o news... We will have black and white land units back in stock in a few months! (we still have black and white naval units in stock)

so...if you noticed...you have everything you need to support up to EIGHT players in the box...(still need b&w pieces)

sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my upgrade kit yesterday and the dice were taped to the shrink wrap on the outside of the box. No problem finding them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
hey guys,

Sorry about the small issues with shipping the kit.

Answer #1 : the dice were not inserted in the web kits from the factory, so we had to manually add them to the boxes.

Answer #2 : the extra game boards we ordered WERE inserted in the web kits, and rather than manually remove them and re-shrink them, we just shipped them out to you guys rather than delay the game a month.

Canada and overseas orders should all be in route now, so rest assured!

We still have a few hundred web kits left, but the full game is now sold out at distribution level!

We will have another run of the game arriving in a month or so, and hopefully nobody will even notice it is sold out. (distributors and stores are just now getting them, and they need time to sell still, so If you are having a hard time finding it, check out your flgs!)

1 more bit 'o news... We will have black and white land units back in stock in a few months! (we still have black and white naval units in stock)

so...if you noticed...you have everything you need to support up to EIGHT players in the box...(still need b&w pieces)

sean

I have received my edition of Deluxe, the web exclusive upgrade kit. I found the naval dice...no problemo!

Question: can we buy MORE Naval dice? I always prefer to have extra dice. Thanks! (SFRR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked about extra dice a couple of weeks ago and they are supposedly going to have them on the website sometime soon. I also want a set (or two, and REALLY like the idea of 'political affinity' colored dice, aka nationality dice as are now available for Axis and Allies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in order to play this game you need the base game the expansion AND de deluxe set?

Still not sure if I'll bother with it, but can't hurt to stay informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Zobel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
So in order to play this game you need the base game the expansion AND de deluxe set?

Still not sure if I'll bother with it, but can't hurt to stay informed.

No. You need either:

A) The Base game and the Deluxe Expansion

-or-

B) The Base Game, the Expansion, and the Deluxe Expansion Upgrade Kit (available on the web only, for when you already have the Expansion Kit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.